Requests for modders

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
When you build missions in your Editor you having a tool that adds sounds in your mission. I've did it like picking the sound i wanted, placed it to an object that fitted the purpose, like a radio to the sound of a radio or a siren, alarm to a bunker, army camp etc. After that i added a (trigger) ellipse that acting on anybody repeatedly or just once. Then effects, trigger, my sound.

My question is can i add this in to mods like DayZ in a easy way myself? Or is it a way and will from any of you modders to make something like this happen? Imagine a small script you can pick and choose, putting in and pulling out into a mod as you wish. You could have a bunch of random sound adds that gives you a nice surprise every time you switch em. The cool thing except the sweetness by having more sounds in the mod should be that if anybody reacts to it, and if the enemies act on it (guarded by/acting on). It would be an another layer of threat. You could make some areas way harder to accede. With these sound scrips you getting a whole stack of games in one game.

Had this idea a while now. Can this be done?

Re: Requests for modders

Oliv82
This post was updated on .
Hi Rachel sry for the delay, i was checking all the forums :p
In my Namalsk mod: "ObjectA2_poi.sqf" (end lines)
This is an example to use "say3D" command:

_radio = "Radio" createVehicle [0,0,0];
_radio setDir 101;
_radio setPosASL [4994.61,6620.93,29.1703];
_snd = "";
while {alive _radio} do {
        if (nam_inBunker) then {
                _rdm = random 100;
                switch (1==1) do {
                        case (_rdm > 96): {_snd = "radio_music_piano_static"};
                        case (_rdm > 88 && _rdm <= 96): {_snd = "radio_transmission_russian"};
                        case (_rdm > 64 && _rdm <= 88): {_snd = "radio_no_signal"};
                        default {_snd = "radio_static"};
                };
                [_radio,player] say3D [_snd,0,1];
        };
        if (_snd == "radio_music_piano_static" || _snd == "radio_transmission_russian") then {
                sleep 100;
        };
        sleep 60 + round(random 60);
};

I suggest to use "setPosATL" if you want to place you "radio" object verticaly of the ground
Or use "setPos" to follow normal 3d of the ground

Re: Requests for modders

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Thx, Oliv. A while ago but still current. Really cool if one can do changes in a mod like this. If it works changing behavior or narrative it would be a nice bonus. Really nice. Not necessary, but wow if you could "pinpoint" a kind of drive in a mod doing this. That way you actually could make a your style of tale in the game if you wanted that. Long term topic and so.

Just learning the console-mode in this game now. And then we have to see about the "progress" me fumbling around with it. Cool, and thx again.

Re: Requests for modders

Oliv82
Im not sure to understand well what you mean, Google translator work weird :)
My english isnt very good as you can see but I can help you for scripting...

Re: Requests for modders

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
Oliv82 wrote
Im not sure to understand well what you mean, Google translator work weird :)
My english isnt very good as you can see but I can help you for scripting...
Bit of an language "anarchist" myself, not your fault. Know I'm doing this pretty often. Not thinking about being articulate on my thoughts all the time.

The idea at the first was to be able to just add ear and maybe eye candy kind of. Like jump scares or stress moments. Loud sound or something visual. Like that.

But if, let's say an AI actually would act on a (siren,alarm etc.) if he where in the area it would gain a richer or wider option for you as a player if you have the imagination for it. The conception was to open up the mod in editor-mode then rebuild with triggers, maybe markers, modules etc. Save it when you're good to go. Play as normal.