I just started up the mission and decided to go get a drink of water while playing. So, I layed down in the grass to make sure I wouldnt get killed. I came back, put my headphones back on and I heard this random scream sound. "AAAAUUUGGGHHH!!" Scared the crap out of me! What does this sound even mean?
That sound usually means there are enemy attack dogs around. Sometimes it can be an ambush too.
I have followed the screaming man sound only to find 1 or 2 shooters nearby in fixed positions targeting the area where the dog is.
Just tried debugging the fireplace and all worked ok on my end. When you have matches in your inventory the option should appear in the scroll menu to make fireplace. Has anyone else experiencing the issue and in which version?
Great mission by the way, I'm really impressed with what you've done so far.
I've played roughly 3 hours so far and I have a few minor issues I thought I would mention.
1. Items like hunting knife / toolbox are going into my main inventory instead of onto the toolbelt.. I ca see the realism of the toolbox requiring a space in the inventory but surely a knife can be consealed within a belt :D just an observation I didn't know if this was intentional.
2. Vehicles have no option for removing fuel only refuelling, any way to add the ability to remove fuel from a vehicle?
3. The dogs seem to act very strange, I saw one and got the dog commands on menu, I chose stay and the dog froze, I then chose follow and the dog kept running to me then 20 yards away and back and forth back and forth, each time he got to me my blood went down a lot like me bit me, eventually I died from it.
Is there an ideal arma beta patch to use for this mod? because right now im testing using latest 112555.
Oh also, quick question but where do you find snipers and stuff on this because only AI im killing I always get either Makarov or 2 types of AK :( wanted something a bit better to hunt with.
I don't know if Alegri checks this board anymore so I will attempt to answer:
1. Toolbelt items in main inventory is intentional. I think it was done so it would port better to Arma 3.
2. There is no fuel siphon ability but if you can drive it next to a gas station pump it will auto fill the vehicle.
3. Those are enemy dogs. You can't command them (even though the menu will appear) and they will bite and kill you. There are friendly dogs that spawn in random dog houses in towns & cities. If you get close (20-30m) to one you will hear a less urgent bark. If you touch the dog house a dog will spawn that you can command.
He can attack enemies and locate animal for you to hunt. He will also get in your vehicle after you do.
4. There are random snipers that usually have CZ 550 rifles. There is also a camp on Skalisity Island that usually has a scoped weapon (random) among the loot.
Also, I am not sure what the recommended beta patch is for this mission. I am using 103718.
Ya sandbags are really hard to find so i had to use kron support call but there isn't enough inventory space for all the parts need to build a camp. You need 2 x Nails, 5 x Sandbags, 2 x Cloth parcel, 2 x Wood piles and Entrenching tool to build a camp but you cant hold all those items at once, all these parts require 15 slots.
Sorry for the delay in responding, busy times in real life.
I have released version 0.9 with some minor fixes:
•Increased loot spawn rate overall and for several items as requested (e.g. tires, maps, crafting items)
•Fixed Informant mission
•Fixed High ranking official mission
•Decreased number of sandbags and other items required for crafting in A2
Just the mission file is updated so you don't have to re download the entire mod. Links are available on the download page.
Still working on the change clothes issue since that is somewhat difficult to fix. Please try not to change clothes in Arma 2.
Hi alegri thanks for the update, I will try it out. Im not sure if you found this bug in the original 0.8 release but i got this error (Script spawn\secops\any not found ) when i picked up a piece of intel and then I couldn't get any more intel pieces.