Quantcast

RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v11.25c (updated 9.03.17)

1234 ... 17

RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v11.25c (updated 9.03.17)

Oliv82
This post was updated on .
This version is based to a Haleks's DaizyFACTIONS SP mod (DayZ version 1.7.6.1)

-This mod is focused on the survival aspect, travel for eat and drinks, searching repair parts...
-NPC's and Zeds quantity and spawn rate decreased but they are hard to kill if you don't headshoot them
-Trash loots increased, weapons chance decreased
-A lot of community customs scripts added/modified

Hebergeur d'image
Hebergeur d'image

-You start the game with:
    1 bandage
    1 Jack'sDaniels bottle
    1 Heatpack

(v11.24) -20.02.17-

- @JSRS 1.5 weapons_sounds merged
- sound work on "old" regular Dayz weapons (winchester,MR42,remington870)

- Updated repair scripts + vehicles damages scripts
- Real PSO-1, PSO-1-1 sights for AK series and SVD
- RPG7v and Strela added + ural_Zsu23 replaced by BRDM-2
- Reduced zed resistance (~ -25%)

Updates:
-----------------
(v11.25c) -9.03.17-

- hud.sqf fixed (no more multiples calculations of player_spawn_2 and lost of FPS)
- no restriction for pitch tent location
- H/T fixed
- fixed additionals chances for AI spawns (except airfields locations)
- helis: spawns rate fixed, behaviour fixed
- various minors bugs on medical logics
- loot respawn re-write

Install:
-1- Download MAIN file here:
(http://www.mediafire.com/file/297ngyo8fn2k3ek/%40DaiZyFACTIONS_Chernarus_1987_MAIN_v11.24.zip) (418Mb)
-2- Download the FIX PATCH here:
(http://www.mediafire.com/file/bdepxphz5948bve/%40DaiZyFACTIONS_Chernarus_1987_PATCH_v11.25c.zip) (4Mb)
-3- Extract MAIN file in your "Arma 2 OA" folder
-4- replace all old files by PATCH files
-5- install "Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead beta patch" (http://www.mediafire.com/file/qvpzm4gq1xpju5f/ARMA2_OA_Build_112555.zip)
-6- Create a new "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" shortcut, and rename it like you want
-7- Go to "Properties" of your new shortcut and change start commands with those lines:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@DaiZy_1987;@CBA_CO;" -nosplash

Known problems:
- morning fog at start will probably take ~30 sec to appear

CREDITS : AboveDayZ, Fedus_87, Niceonegunit, DayZ_SP, Unknown, ZedHunter & Haleks.
              Krixes, Xyberviri, GeneralCarver

And the whole scripters community I have forgot to mention !

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

crowbars82
Hey dude,

I was literally just finding and extra wheel for a bike in Halex's 1.7.7.1 FACTIONS 2.6.1, when I checked here and found this! I installed as to your instructions to the letter, but unfortunately got this: http://i.imgur.com/LezoNMU.png.
Is there a work around for this, something like tricking the mod into thinking those mods are installed? Would love to try this out and see how it plays :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

Oliv82
This post was updated on .
Hey

It seems you don't have required files in the @DaiZyFACTIONS1987 folder
mine contain:

dayz.pbo
dayz_anim.pbo
dayz_code.pbo
dayz_communityassets.pbo
dayz_equip.pbo
dayz_factions.pbo
dayz_sfx.pbo
dayz_vehicles.pbo
dayz_weapons.pbo

1- copy and paste all your dayz 1.7.7.1 .pbo files on @DaiZyFACTIONS1987 folder
2- copy and paste all .pbo files from Haleks 1.7.7 FACTIONS mod
3- after that, you can copy and paste my 2 "dayz_code.pbo" and "dayz_equip.pbo" from my zip

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

crowbars82
Hi again,

I totally didn't put the @ at the start of the folder name like a tool. I am now running around in your mod of a mod! Kamenka spawn too!

I had to download and install rMod as it errored on that, and for some reason something is replacing JSRS sounds back to vanilla, but otherwise it is all working and I will report back on how it all pans out :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

Jhurds
This post was updated on .
I keep having an error "content deleted.rmod" after the map has finished loading :S

also where is the safezone located at?
DUCKS WILL SURVIVE!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

xToast
Jhurds wrote
I keep having an error "content deleted.rmod" after the map has finished loading :S

also where is the safezone located at?
Download this and put the files inside the addon folder into your FACTIONS addons folder.

@Oliv82: Reading through your changes it looks like you are a fan of realism. I really like your release and I am using some more addons with this to make it more realistic:

1. Some files from the PROPER Addons, like the actual models of mags, faster vault animation, etc.
2. XAM Environment sounds
3. WarFX
4. GDT grass mod just to get better FPS (+ less clutter)
5. Shacktac Bunnyhop
6. JDT Fire & Smoke

Also, will you edit the map a bit more?
I'm a toast. Deal with it.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

Oliv82
This post was updated on .
I have forgot rmod ! I realized it doesn't work without it :(

I will edit the opening post

@xToast:
yes i like realism :p, I thought I had seen everything about mods :) but I will try to test the mods you mentionned especialy "XAM environement sounds" thanks !

I dont think I will edit the map again... the only thing i would like to do is to add concrete wall all around my Zelenogorsk Firestation ! but thats all

2 things what do not work with this mod is:
- respawn of loots (I added a custom area trigger script to respawn all loots of Chernarus; it situated at Green Mountain; not the best for the gameplay)
- on the male or female choice menu, if you take too long to choice your character, the lost blood (-6000+rdm1000) dont work.. you start with 12000 blood pts

I added this line on "intro.sqf" (line #40)
r_player_blood = r_player_blood - 6000 + (random 1000); sleep .2;

Maybe someone have a better solution?

@Jhurds:
I have send you a PM

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

crowbars82
Hi again!

I've had a play through your mod and although it has been a fun experience, I have noticed a few things that might not be correct. I thought that I'd post because I think this mod could be really good and has a lot of potential!

Firstly, when it says "Someone is over here" I presume this is when a bandit/friendly AI is near. I only ever found one friendly and no one shot at me ever. I spent a long time going to Cherno, Electro all the way to Berezino and Story and NW airfield (I found all the parts to fix a Ural). There were no corpses anywhere. The only thing that hurt me (apart from zombies) was a helicopter attack, but that crashed into a hill, which luckily saved my life at the time! I do like the patrolling helicopters a lot!
I think that having the sentences appear on the screen gives away that someone is near, meaning that it will not surprise the player as they have been warned. But It looks nice having a narrative on the screen!
I did start the game with Super AI = On but turned it off, could this have stopped bandits spawning?

There was a considerable lack of zombies. There were zombies around, just not very many. I liked the idea of having less as-per the amount of houses, but in reality I think this could do with just a few more to be around. Sometimes I went to a town and there were none at all for a good 15 minutes, and there was no challenge or need to stealth. It does look a lot better that having ten suddenly pop out of the corner of a barn however!

I really liked having more trash loot. It took longer to find things and I found it to be more rewarding when I found an item that I needed! Sometimes the loot took a long time when you arrive at a new area, but rarer loot works well. If it were possible to have loot piles only spawn one time ever and never to respawn again, this would encourage the player to have to travel to more areas, because whatever you find, that is it! Currently I can sit in Cherno and farm loot whilst more respawned until I got all the parts for my Ural and never need to explore.

I am undecided on the delay of using bloodbags. I support the idea of making it difficult for the player to regain health, because this would encourage hunting of animals for high blood-count meat, instead of relying on finding spawned items. However if I was trapped on a roof with bandits nearby, I would want to try and refill as much as I was carrying at that time.

The AEG mod looks brilliant, it was very cool to see the streetlights on at the start, and the generator sounds are awesome! I had not seen that before. I really like the weather effects and windy dust everywhere. This really adds to the atmosphere! Also keep the sun blinding! It adds a lot more realism to the world I think. You can't seem to turn off the Epeen meter though in 00-menu, I like just using the GUI icons to be honest.

Some tweaks might be needed but this was a great mod to play on! I appreciated the longer time it took to find needed items, and found it more rewarding when finding loot! I look forward to any updates you might bring out for this mod, please consider looking into the above and hope this mod catches on! :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

Oliv82
This post was updated on .
Thanks crowbars82 for your interresting post !

About zeds number yes of course the first thing you can see is the lack of zeds but... as you can see, the weapons and ammunitions loots are relatively rare;
For my personals gameplays in Chernogorsk or Electro, I managed to keep my tiny quantity of ammo for killing bandits NPC's, my hatchet is used for zeds, trying to not be wounded ! (zeds damage is increased and restore blood level is hard and it's the goal :p)

Nonetheless, I think to keep the same number of zeds... but... increase the life points of each zed must be a good compromise, what do you think about that ?

"Someone is over here" message can help a lot against bandits certainly, personnaly I have problems to see them so it help me a bit :) I can desactivate those messages, I will add a link to this version :) you want to hide "I hear a chopper..." too ? let me know what you want exactly

Bandits spawn delay is setted with a larger ramdom time so you can travel a medium sized town without bandit as you can encounter a bandit very quickly, in large towns its a bit different, the delay is reduced but it's still relatively long, for small towns, the probably to encounter a bandit is rare because you don't stay long time generaly on those sort of towns.

I ve never tried to change anything about AI skill, I will test, thx for the info!

The loot table with more trash loot is (I think) the best compromise to avoid the facility of the gameplay
Cherno have enough industrials buildings to rebuilt your ural; same for the old truck in Electro, but it take long time, you need to check frequently your thirst and your hunger too :)

Selfbloodbag delays are enough long to do others things during this time :p

Yes, AEG mod is awesome, I can't play without it now, I managed to restore streetlights too and it work fine :)

About the monitor I will try to fix this but Iam far to be a pro of scripts !

Thanks again for your feedback

thx bro, Brofist :)
DUCKS WILL SURVIVE!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

crowbars82
Yo!

I am liking the sound of your ideas for this. Could you put less items on dead bandits as well? Having less to work with makes things more enjoyable for sure. I agree with your outlook on trying not to get wounded so having increased zed health and bloodbag delay would be okay with me!

I did like the bandit spawn-caption idea, it just meant that I would sit and scout from behind a wall for ages. Otherwise normally I would get shot at/near from nowhere, incurring sudden panic evasion that gets the adrenaline going. I believe this has much greater impact on myself for this game, I understand that this may differ though!

There was one particular caption however which was "You smell something burning" which I personally thought was great, because I have no USB sense-of-smell (One day I hope we all will), but yeah this is a good idea. I am undecided on if it works for me with the captions on or off yet. I will play more and see.

Nice job on getting the streetlights working with this! I will give this another go and hope to find more bandits :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

Oliv82
Hi

I tried to increase the hit points of zeds in CfgVehicles.hpp but it seems to do not work
I search...

mm.. yes it's a good idea to put less items on dead bandits too
I will try to fix this

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

Oliv82
Hi

Update v2
-zeds are more harder to kill now, 1 head shot=1 kill but kill a zed with hatchet need 4 or 5 hit on the body
same for M9 gun, it need 4 or 5 hits on the body, headshot=>killed
(i managed to "stole" a part of a script, but I don't know the author...)
-A few more zeds
-Dead bandits have slightly less loot
-Debug monitor work now with the cheatmode (00 keys=>Epeen monitor)

Yo bro why not make the respawn a special script like for example: a barn has 5 zeds and you kill them you dont have enough time to loot all and a zed respawned and your just "OH F**k" then zombie killed then another then another and so-on so i was thinking if you would make a script that would make zeds respawn when your 75 meters away from the barn or town so that way it would make it more realistic and when you come back you see zeds....its realistic
DUCKS WILL SURVIVE!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

Jhurds
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
DUCKS WILL SURVIVE!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

Jhurds
also just make a patch so we dont have to download the whole thing AGAIN :/ thx
DUCKS WILL SURVIVE!
Ben

CAMP

Ben
hi man great job on this not stopped playing it all day !!!

just wondering where the US Camp is located on the map ????

Thanks, Ben

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

Jhurds
hey bro I was wonderin if you can make us spawn in safezone thats fortified and with unrecutable guards
DUCKS WILL SURVIVE!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

CalUKGR
"...hope this mod catches on!"

Yep, I'd love to play it, but I had try and installing it earlier on and frankly got nowhere. In the end I had uninstall everything - my entire Arma2/OA install and I've only just finished reinstalling it all again.

The problem is that even though I've previously been able to install mods for the game, this one leaves me flummoxed. The installation instructions are just too hazy, too vague and assume too much knowledge on the part of the reader.

What I don't understand: really the whole file structure of the final installed mod. Perhaps a screen shot or two of the 'ideal' installation, showing root folders, contents, etc. I just don't know (and it isn't clear enough from the instructions) what exactly is needed and where exactly it has to go.

At the moment I have a fresh install of ArmA2 and OA, plus the latest DAYZ (vanilla) from Commander. Everything is working fine in DayZ, I know this, 'cos I've tried it out, so I'm certain my folders and contents are all completely uncompromised by any left-over files, etc.

I'd love to play this mod, but I really, really need some clear advice on how exactly (and what I need) to install it all correctly.

Nobody is more embarrassed by this than me, I assure you.

Re: CAMP

DonMichael71
Hi There, i really love this mod, It´s fresh and new and i love the Idea of survival like Bear Grylls :-) I managed to fuel up a chopper and i was flying around the whole map at day and night, but i can´t find this US Camp...Can you give me/us a little hint please?

Keep up the good work, it´s lot of fun to play this map/mission Thank´s Man

Cheers
DonMichael
1234 ... 17