Origins SP - the Discussion

12

Origins SP - the Discussion

benevolentdevil
What can I say, i wish I could read russian ... found a radio on a bandit , all the radio pop ups are in russian.

 So far ... it's an interesting mod.
 It does lack a lot of content I was hoping it'd have on SP version.
- More clothing options
- origins base building and tools
- origins cars with reinforcements

 It does have some interesting Ai bandits , though I think this is a bit buggy ... I'm gonna hav eto see if I disabled those bandit sapwns , and these i'm running into are supposto be there or not.

 I got close to an airport, and I was in a figt with bandits , when it popped up a message to find the leader ... and I'm guessing at that moment .. the leader full auto'd me in the back as I just dropped the two bandits.

 I did find the flying fortress, in bad need of repair near klen mountain.  Since I hadn't found many repair parts , I ignored it, moved on.
 Oh yeah, i switch it to Chernarus map  ... I found a map/island I hate worse than Chernarus ... and thats Taviana.

 There are some interesting weapons I will say.  I kinda dig the crossbow.
 I ran out of ammo, and I literally had to run down two female bandits and machete chop them down.  THAT was not easy ...

 I'm not sure if your reputation matters in Origins SP ...

 The Zombies look cool! Most of em anyways, I seen ones walking with face plates, some holding axes or arms, some spiky-punk looking ones ... a creepy priest one.

 I think I was just hoping more for closer to the online-multiplayer Origins play.

 So far it' s been neat discovering things though.

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

Klaycus5555
Fashion origin is freely available to the developers of originals. It does not have any relationship. And you do not need permission to post it here.Since the conflict with the developers of the game and the developers of the mod was gaining momentum, they were forbidden to transfer the mod to the platform of the game arma 3. As well, the mod origin does not have a license. I will give you links to our sites where you will find the fashion to your liking.The mod for singles is made by one of our developers. About the interface and other from the origin of the mod, we do not have server files to transfer it to the mod for a single game. And no one has server files other than the developers of this mod.

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

Klaycus5555

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

Klaycus5555

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

Klaycus5555

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

benevolentdevil
I have the Day-B one as well,  I thought the two were very similar.

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

benevolentdevil
 Ok so I have it working , playing on chernarus atm.  (Taviana is lain out rather wonky ... my test run through, I was finding everything but drinks, and no wells seems to work, or ones I found did not.  Died of de-hydration , had plenty of everything else ... except maybe a toolbox. I'm not too familiar with taviana though. )

 So ... I find it odd , ( and maybe it' s because I can't read or understand russian prompts ) , to just simply "spawn in" and pick a direction and go ... ( which is what I've done so far. )
  I think I spawned in near Dubrovaka ( spelling? ) , and I went up NE looking at Klen Mountain , I found an abandoned base there, but nothing of real interest.
 Well just before Klen Mountain , the fortress flying thing was badly damaged and sitting there.
 While that thing is neat , I suppose it'd be better for multi-player so you had enough people to pilot and enough to use the guns.  I think I'm gonna ignore it ...
  Krastanov ( again spelling , wtf weren't any of these places named like, Bob's place, little town, ..ect?) anyways, ... wasn't much I wanted in the store , and I headed towards the barns.   I got in the barns, when shots popped around me ... I don't remember if I saved before those two bandits ... or if they were the ones I chased with a machete ...  or If I saved afterward.
 If I saved before ... OMG, I don't really have any wish to run an dplay zig-zag chop-chop again ...

 Anyways, I went up towards the NE Airfield , and I spotted two bandits ... I picked an AKM ( one of my favorite DayZ weapons) I nabbed from one of the bandits I cut down ... I killed them, but took some damage.  I bandaged ... while I'm doing this, russian radio messages are spamming my feed ... I don't know what they are saying.
 Some trigger prompt, pops up ... " A bandit leader, looking like a survivor is in the area."
 I look around, all I see are zombies ... I go towards the first fallen bandit , noticed had a bloodbag ... it's Option says " make kit" , It wouldn't let me bloodbag I don't think.  I didn't get to check my scroll wheel menu ... I heard a full auto burst, and I was passed out and dead, shot from behind.  I'm assuming it was the bandit leader, ... maybe.

 Anyways, I'm kinda thinking about starting over ... making a story of it.  But , I really don't understand the system very well.  There's not much to go on ... my "friend" always seems to spawn on the opposite side of the map from my location.  Not that I'm gonna put trust into AI joining up with me ...
  I have no idea where to go first.  What route to go by , or do first ...
I also have no idea if say Chenarus has a "sector B" , or anything like that.

 I also don't know, if you can build any bases  in Origins light.  I hadn't found any tents yet either ...
 I didn't make it to the airport, to even see what was there, I died on the hill behind the big hangers.

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

benevolentdevil

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

benevolentdevil
I went to an AI mission ... dang, how many AI bots does one need in a road side check-point?

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
benevolendevil: Holy! Some awakening here right? Lol! Cool!

So you don´t like the Taviana map? I actually prefer that one, especially to this mod. You have to choose the "modified" version in the player menu though. And yep! Not that heavy on construction and building agree on that,  but if i have to choose i choosing a good flow to the game play and a stable game doing the things it suppose to do. I´m kind of a boring player, lol! Love that "tedious" planing on things, one small thing after another. So if it´s not that much offering i don´t mind that. But what would you see! Klaycus? Giving us a whole lot of extras here, lol! Man! Can´t go wrong now then, lol!

For me so many odd things happens in this mod that not appear in other DayZ SPs.  A car just ran a head of me once, minding his own business. Almost bumped in to a friendly AI in the middle of the night, like 10 inches from him passing by. A car patrol missed me with 3 second to spare once. I did pass a wall just when a bandit car came on the other side to it, they went out searched the area for a minute then left. Other ones have flanked me in a really pro fashion. Like skilled real players. Real chopper hunts, chasing me for 2 hours one time. Can go on on this for hours, always something new to it. Things in this mod doing it so good to me.

Have to see whats new to it with the dlcs now. Gonna try the "DayZSeparatist" as well. Lovely!

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

benevolentdevil
 I tried it on takistan today ...
  It runs amazing, good FPS on my crappy laptop computer!

 But ... I couldn't find certain things ... like a hatchet, nor any trees to cut for wood.
  Some things look oddly placed, like I found a military tent area, in a valley , from a distance it looked like a "U" or horseshoe , all the tents were sloped so i couldn't quite get in and out of them properly.

 Found the nautilus near the south airport, in bare desert.

 Had one random patrol in a UAZ jeep , literally spawn meters away from me ... I don't know how, but they shot me dead even though they hadn't gotten out of the jeep.   I reverted ... and went wide around that area.

 Helicopters ... , I'm thinking about removing helicopter patrol spawns , as there are just too many of them.
 yeah, I had a 45 minute shoot-out ( wasted all my ammo) , trying to shoot down or de-pilot a Chinook ( armored helio ) ...
 It kind of aggravated me , cause I see helios roaming around all the time, this was the first armed one ... and it showed up "green" when putting cross-hairs on it, not "red" indicating enemy ... It shot first though, so I know it was a bandit chopper.
 Eventually it flew it's pattern wide enough, I could run to another area, dip and dodge through buildings, and escape going farther north.   Since then I've seen it fly-by near about 4 times, I know it's still "searching" for me.

 I'm not finding any mil loot in barracks near airports or miltary bases.
 Well, the round top ones I do, but not the ones with all the doors with a single hallway.

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Klaycus5555 wrote
Very interesting, played for some hours now. Can be winners those dlcs. A LOT of content here, lol! Wonder about a few things though. Can you do anything about the fog? Hard on my PC. Do you need all 3 dlcs to run the first one in line? Like can you run only the first dlc and not the second, third? It says part to them so they need to be put together? And i would like to take the bloodsuckers out of the game. Can i have em not to spawn taking out any of the (spawn .sqf) files in missions? Gonna check that next time just asking if you know.

And cool to just pick new icons on food and drink over the old ones, lol! Not minding it, but if you know, why?

Looks great so far. But the fog is a bit to demanding. 50% zombies and 20% runners kind of solved it. And i can go down a bit further. Maybe keeping the bloodsuckers and keeping the fog with fewer zombies can do it. Love the creepy look to it so.

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

benevolentdevil
I've never understood why bloodsuckers and predators are so difficult/tough/fast in Arma2 ...

Bloodsuckers in normal Stalker games, aren't no where near as tough, and you can out-run them ...  they are somewhat "tough" , but even the crappiest shotgun in Stalker , two or three, blast to face the bloodsucker dies.

 anything that turns invisible , like bloodsuckers and predators , and kills you in a hit or two , and takes mega firepower to kill, is just ... over-kill.

 When I do STALKER mod , I normally only put one bloodsucker on the map, "guarding" the most valuable/rare artefact ... and thats more for multi-player/lan Co-OP than it is for Single Player.   Just ONE bloodsucker, can wipe out a whole squad easily.

 Arma2 is bad enough with the "zig-zag run" pathing ... Bloodsuckers and Predators both run that pattern too, and they attack/appear on your blind-side flank 100% of the time.  There's no way to really target them, unless they are pounding on someone else, and you shoot them from a distance.

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
benevolentdevil wrote

I actually outran the one i saw in this. But they are often a bit annoying at least, lol!

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

benevolentdevil
Ok ... So now I have a question ...
 I tried Taviana again .... it runs low FPS for me, despite Klaycuss' modification.
I'm still playing with Maps/Islands to see what I like best.  ( I'm gonna try Sahrani soon )

 Anyways ...
So I get a Radio message from my "buddy" saying general location of where he's at ... SO I go, look around, and do not find him.  Next message, he says he's close to the area, running through a forrest, then later he's looting barns , then later he's observing villages, then later he's looting hangars ... I run all over the place looking for this alleged buddy ... and never find him.  Is it a wild goose chase?

 While I was doing that, I spotted a Hero Girl run right at me , and past ... and man was she hauling ass! lol,
I had to pull out the pistol, and sprint-run to get close to her.  I tried my scroll wheel , all I could do was see her name, or open her backpack.
 I got a prompt in right top corner, saying I could recruit her ... how do you recruit? I thought it's give me a middle mouse wheel option ... but it never did, she kept on running ignoring me. I ran out of stamina and lost her eventually.

 That was the first potential ally I have ever ran across in any of these mods.  Everyone else has been a bandit or enemy AI.

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Yep! It is a bit heavy to run this mod. If i have zeds 100%, 20% fast ones, -20 ais, 100% loot, modified map. 1000 field of view, my graph. on low except shadows normal (now turned off) i kind of getting the lowest at 25 - 30 fps in towns, some stuttering every 5 min or so, for 2 sec. Otherwise it runs neat, 40 - 50 fps easy. A bit heavier now with the fog as you already know. Fewer zombies, no shadows have to do it. No shadow works nice in the fog version, it doesn´t matter in that one anyways (fog).

Specs; core 2 duo 2.83ghz/ 4gb ram/ gtx 650 1gb/ W7 64-bit.

Yep! The buddy is a bit "on the go" in a new game the first 30 minutes or so, lol! I´m here, and now i´m there, lol! It will become correctly after a while, with one spot (he can die though, then you getting a new buddy). Hes stopping his transmissions after a while, and you have to call for him instead.

Been a while ago but i think you recruit an AI with these numbers "005".

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

benevolentdevil
So, the menu where you pick all the starting things, like Ai bots ... I've been setting mine on -10 bots, is that mean only ten bots appear, or does it mean it only subtracts 10 bots from the generated AI?  I was confused about that setting ...

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
benevolentdevil wrote
So, the menu where you pick all the starting things, like Ai bots ... I've been setting mine on -10 bots, is that mean only ten bots appear, or does it mean it only subtracts 10 bots from the generated AI?  I was confused about that setting ...
Nope!  If you pick -10 it´s more like 20. And the mission AIs and random ones are another AIs. If you looking in "monitor" or "settings" you can see the exactly activity of "ongoing" at that moment. The AIs working totally on it selves, so maybe the friendly succseeds  killing some bandits, then it gonna be more of them at the moment.

You only picking "players". Check F1 and pick "monitor" i think it is, figure it out.

And don´t be confused on the numbers on AIs in the monitor, they gonna grow on AI-missions. Don´t think the random ones appear in the monitor. Pretty sure they don´t.

Edit: "reminder" shows the "server" spawns, "statistics" shows your kills etc., "monitor" shows your player menu setting and the condition of it right now.

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

benevolentdevil
ahh so those bots are the recruitable ones?