Land of the Dead 1.00 - Revisit LoD

benevolentdevil
Google Drive link for LoD1.00

 I'm hoping that's the only download needed there ... I had to dig through other post to find it.

I'll be re-playing this mission, checking it out.  The old .08 version was last I tried , I liked it except for item breakage lol.
Now that it fixes running female zombies ( those were a pain) , and seems to have more epoch in it... I'm gonna give it a good try.

Re: Land of the Dead 1.00 - Revisit LoD

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).

Re: Land of the Dead 1.00 - Revisit LoD

benevolentdevil
10 gb is a lot to d-load lol, been 2 hours i'm at 7.0 gb lol ...

 But hopefully a good experience one gotten.

 I know it'll take me a while of playing to set up a base ... but any recommendations on where to put one?

Re: Land of the Dead 1.00 - Revisit LoD

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
Yep, it's a big one this. Haven't played it that much, but I like to ensconce buildings in villages or suburbans and then expand that in the surroundings as a start. Like a sneaky hideout. Then plan for some more sustainable location when I got the skills and the supply for it. Maybe having a few to trick the enemies.

Try to besiege the main airport. Make it waterproof, not even an ant will pass through.

Re: Land of the Dead 1.00 - Revisit LoD

benevolentdevil
depending on where i start Thats what i'm gonna do ... find a smaller town/villa to set up temporarily somewhere first.

 Once i feel comfortable with gear gained , start looking for a vehicle , then from there more north.

 I'm gonna stay off the airfields ( though I could) , cause I like driving to them and looting those.

I give up ... I get the same error on LOD as i am with epoch ... I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

Re: Land of the Dead 1.00 - Revisit LoD

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
benevolentdevil wrote
I give up ... I get the same error on LOD as i am with epoch ... I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.
Damn strange this? I haven't had any problems with any of these mods. Not Epoch, LotD or Last Days or any of the others. DayZ code? Something with missions? You do know how to install mods. You know more about code and files than me, so it's very strange that you having these problems.

You can try 000000s link in your original LotD-thread. I'm quoting that one there. But this is odd. You downloaded the Epoch SP 1.0.3.1? Check the size in that mod extracted, I'm launching it again to see if there is anything I've missed again. Check the addons-floders size (both) and the missions SP and MP size.

Problems with your internet reliability?

Re: Land of the Dead 1.00 - Revisit LoD

Eric the Viking
benevolentdevil wrote
I give up ... I get the same error on LOD as i am with epoch ... I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.
What problem are you having?

benevolentdevil wrote
with epoch ... I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.
Is the Epoch SP you're having a problem with this one?

Re: Land of the Dead 1.00 - Revisit LoD

000000
i could reduce to 4gb.. a lot of bunch that the "core" dont need. i want to hit 2gb size of @LOTD + @SGTu_nChernarus+ (3gb)

a lot of files are weapons addons and the trouble comes when you need to edit the MissionConfig.sqf / dzai config and other files that include those weapons most of them are ASC_

i could add a little intro mission called "end war" + jtk halo jump.

maybe i will post a video of this part. xD (for now a pic,  )

Re: Land of the Dead 1.00 - Revisit LoD

benevolentdevil
This post was updated on .

@Eric - no the one I was getting was from the Russian daizy mod sight I can't ever remember the name of.
z\additions\dayzcode\ZSC\config\cfgServerTrader.hpp not found  thats the error ... it's a config error, and usually those mean my Arma2 version the core patch they did messed something up.

 It -could- be they are so large of files trying to download from servers overseas , but two different assemblies with the same problem, I am questioning if that's it or not.
The mission itself seems to be lacking that specific .hpp , but i don't know since it's basically "tricking" arma into thinking you are running a server.

 Sadly i'm not finding any specific help on this error on google.

 However NovaMeh44's mission and mod worked , the NAPF map one.
Sadly though , it's a different construction in it though.  I don't really remember why I quit playing it unless I just got interested in something else, not sure.

Re: Land of the Dead 1.00 - Revisit LoD

000000
benevolentdevil wrote
z\additions\dayzcode\ZSC\config\cfgServerTrader.hpp not found  thats the
error ... it's a config error, and usually those mean my Arma2 version the
core patch they did messed something up.

 It -could- be they are so large of files trying to download from servers
overseas , but two different assemblies with the same problem, I am
questioning if thats it or not.

 Sadly i'm not finding any specific help on this error on google.

 However NovaMeh44's mission and mod worked , the NAPF map one.
Sadly though , it's a different construction in it though.  I don't really
remember why I quit playing it unless I just got interested in something
else, not sure.
edit the file description.ext located in your mission and change:

#include "z\additions\dayzcode\ZSC\config\cfgServerTrader.hpp"

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\ZSC\config\cfgServerTrader.hpp"

if not work, try to update the LOTD to 1.0 version.

Re: Land of the Dead 1.00 - Revisit LoD

benevolentdevil
000000 wrote
benevolentdevil wrote
[...]

 If that works, you are officially a genius ;)  A symbol in the code caused all that trouble?

 That would be nice to have a much smaller 4gb version.  I like ASC weapons for the attachments, but I can live with-out that too.

Re: Land of the Dead 1.00 - Revisit LoD

000000
other way is move all "missions" from missions folder and just leave that one you want to play. that error that you got i get it sometimes when i have some missions there..in resume just leave lotd mission or the mission you want to play there.

Re: Land of the Dead 1.00 - Revisit LoD

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
000000 wrote
other way is move all "missions" from missions folder and just leave that one you want to play. that error that you got i get it sometimes when i have some missions there..in resume just leave lotd mission or the mission you want to play there.
Aha? How about that. You reading this benevolentdevil? I always create (or rename the current folder) a folder (as default) to each mods missions when I do my setups. Because I hate messing around through 30 missions plus every time I launch a scenario. Example on that: New folder, name "Missions Origins", then the missions into that folder. The whole folder into A2/OAs missions.

Can that be it? I'm always doing it, no problems launching mods. You got problems with it. All missions loose in missions? Try that.

Happen once or twice you need to pull the mission/scenario directly as pbo. into missions. But those mods are very rare in between (think that happen two times for me) and non of the mentioned mods we discusses here needs that treatment to work.

Maybe you guys seen it before? You open your mission folder and it is empty for some reason. Think it was a few old DaiZy mods that were like that.

Create a mission folder. And keep your missions apart.

Yep. This thing has happened to me way back. Remember now. This can be a thing.

I had a long nagging on how important it was to clear your A2/OA user folder in documents even in the same game (Separatist 3.0). Just restating the game can fool the player menu value I think. Example: 50% on loot can still be 50% in a change to 10%. Its not always register in a restart or even a new game sometimes. And it sure did copy the next mod I tested out (some build from that mod) into Separatist. Never mentioned that but I had both mods in the new installment (missions) before I thrashed my save in documents. Maybe this (missions) thing is a more common fail than we know. Have to keep this in mind then.

Re: Land of the Dead 1.00 - Revisit LoD

benevolentdevil
No ... did not work either.

 I removed EVERYTHING but the addon and the mission and user config ... and I mean everything, even my addons, all folders from my documents, everything from Dayz launcher.

 Both in Arma2 OA , and on Arma2 OA Beta ... same crash, same errors.

 For whatever reason , it's simply not recognizing the codes in the descript file.  Or if it is, it's not finding the #include files it's asking for.

 I've done everything I could do here, just short of re-programming all of Epoch myself, which I cannot do.

If I had the talent to make Daizy SP mods , I already would have.

Re: Land of the Dead 1.00 - Revisit LoD

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Too bad it don't work.I'm out of ideas here. If I come up with something else I will return on that. The other guys have to figure this out if there is anything else to add on troubleshooting here. Last straw, reinstall A2/OA, maybe on an other hard drive or PC? But you still play FACTIONS and N44? So your game seem to work. I don't know. Hope you figure it out somehow. So strange.

Install the older version of LotD then try to overwrite that one with LotD 1.0?

Or overwrite LotD 1.0 with the old version. Still having the new extra addons doing that since the 1.0 is bigger and stores more addons that's not being overwritten? Maybe the core build runs the newer LotD also? And maybe you should skip the (house pack) if you try it this way.

Think this is my last straw on this issue. Can't figure out anything else that could make this work half decent at least. Sure you will miss some features doing it like this. If you making it run this way that is. If the Epoch addons with traders and economy will work? Can't imagine that. But try anyway. As a last shot.

Re: Land of the Dead 1.00 - Revisit LoD

kimyummy75
im looking for  LoD1.00 tavianna map can u help me  ?

Re: Land of the Dead 1.00 - Revisit LoD

benevolentdevil
I don't think Klaycuss made a Tavianna map specifically, but all you have to do is run tavi as an addon, and rename LOTD mission from LOD.chernarus to LOD.tavi