If you want some form of Basebuilding in DaiZy SP, not Epoch:

If you want some form of Basebuilding in DaiZy SP, not Epoch:

benevolentdevil
 Ok you will need a few things :

 1-  Armaholic Downloads.
 - CBA for your Arma 2 , ( exapmle I have Operation Arrowhead, so I use CBA_OA ).
 - and MGB Creationism found HERE.

2- a way to De-PBO , or unpack the Mission files.
3- Notepad++ text editor.

 Now you got that far ... be very careful when dealing with files.   make Temporary files and use copies of original files so in case you mess something up, you got an original ( default) back up.

 Just rename the "copies" to something other than the original files.

 Find and locate your DaiZY "copy" , de-pbo it.  ( De-PBO means extracting files so it can be edited. ) Once extracted , move it all to your Documents, where it saves your games. ( Mine is located in Other Profiles ).

 Also in another temp folder , de-PBO the MGB Creationism if you need to.

 Start up Arma2. Make sure to ENABLE MGB Creation addon, and CBA Addon that you use. Of course
your DaiZy mod addon that you use as well.

 Open editor to the map you play DaiZy on.  ( I assume Chernarus at this point.)
 Click on Load.
 Find the DaiZy Mission you play , and open it in editor.  Place down two things located in MODULES.
 place down a Function Module somewhere on the map.
 Them Place down a MGB Function Module from the list.

 Then Save as SinglePlayer mission.

 Exit.
 Go to Singleplayer, Scenarios and look for your new DaiZy Mission.  ( I would rename that copy something like "DaiZy_Building_test", or My DAiZy. This helps keep it from conflicting with original DaiZy mission, and helps in case you messed something up to remove and redo. )
  Run Mission ... once you load up , you should have access to a menu that allows you to build somewhat
neat modular bases.   It's not as easy to use as epoch, wasn't ever finished ... if you make a mistake in building , you cannot remove it... you are stuck with it. SO take care when building.

 These "parts" cost money ... but you get 20,ooo money to buy building with.
 (If you have to De-PBO the MGB Creation files, ... you can change how much money you get by editing the variable in the INIT file of MGB., re-pack that , and it'll change how much you start with.  So you
can change 20k to 100k if you want.
***
 For more advanced users/mission makers ... changing the actual variable to the variable you use for
money/currency in game, allows you to use your custom money values , but you will need to edit the
 PURCHASE scripts to change this variable too. )
***

 20k is more than enough for one person SP game.  You can make a really HUGE base with that, or several smaller bases in it.  Or many little "cabins" ...ect.

 MGB does add in where you can "buy" weapons , ect  by purchasing a ammo box in your base.
   I think just about everyone uses the "0"-"0" , magic box cheat included, or Loki's Lost Key addon anyways ... so , not a big deal.  Use it to get good weapon/gear if you want ... or ignore for a legit
experience.

 MGB buildings are also DESTRUCTABLE -  Heavy LMGS ( like a M2 ) will damage walls, ect.  Mines, IEDs, satchel charges will blow these up.  I've not had a Zombie break a wall yet... I think it -could- be possible
though.

 No way to "lock doors/gates" ... but it's SP ... no worries right?

 Building has some "snap" to it ... it's not too advanced takes a bit to get used to, and doesn't always work right.
 It works simpler than EPOCH/Overpoch base building.

 It's best if you grab up lots of food and drink ,and head somewhere zombie/AI free ... and practice alot on building/designing to get what you desire out of it.
 Because you are gonna mess it up, and once something is there, you can't remove it.

 It's not "perfect" ... but hey, it gives some form of "bases" other than just tents and wire fences.

Re: If you want some form of Basebuilding in DaiZy SP, not Epoch:

benevolentdevil
Here's a test build I did when adding this MGB to my own Stalker Mini Sandbox mission:
( I hadn't added it to DaiZy yet, but same exact principle )

The Finished product.

View From the Side

Doors open/close, just to show ,I'm inside the small base looking out.

Shot of the placing of objects down.

How I started it.  Probably not the best way to start... but it worked.

Re: If you want some form of Basebuilding in DaiZy SP, not Epoch:

-Mike-
Howdy benevolentdevil,

I've been playing the DayZ mod for way too many years to think about and I finally decided to do the DaiZy SP Mod.
First, I want to say many thanks to all those who has put the time into keeping this DaiZy SP Mod alive. Just wish I knew more to do with the in-depth programming to contribute. Oh well, I'm still having fun...
Below is what I have come up with as a good for me, have fun, no AI, kick back, drink beer & kill Zeds Daizy SP Mod. My SP Mod works pretty good, but it has its runtime stops/hesitations sometimes while playing it. Especially after I added the "retextured" mod.
But, I would like to add some kind of base building to the SP Mod I already have that is listed below.
I have the MGB Creationism mod downloaded (@MGBcreations), but can't seem to add it to my current SP Mod pathway listed below and make it work.
Do you have any suggestions on how to add Base Building to my current SP Mod?
Any help would be appreciated.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -skipIntro -mod=@DaiZy;@Kron;-mod=@DayZX;@CBA_CO;@LostKey;@chernarus_retextured

Then after I get this SP Mod going good, I want to somehow do it as a MP so my friends can join in my fun.
I'm still working on a Tavi SP mod. Having issues getting the No AI mod working properly yet.

Thank you & have a Great Day/Night.