Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

12345

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
Yep! Maybe i'm over my head on this. But i've been lucky to find my toolbox and more some in 5-6 hours. I keep quiet before i done some more serious stuff. Maybe it is too easy to break tools and then too hard to find it. Having 100% loot in my settings.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
00000-  Man, if you can do all that editing and fancy stuff, why haven't you just made your own DaiZy mod/mission???
Lol ...

 Rachel -  ... yeah, I could follow 00000's advice and edit the files to remove the aggravating parts.
But honestly ... it's just not really worth taking the time to do so.  Mostly because I was only really interested in making a cool base of operations out of the epoch building parts ...

 The whole "survival game" aspect has worn off for me.   With-out player interactions ( Co-Op, or Role Play) , I just feel like DaiZy is very limiting , and becomes a grindy "videogame", not really an immersive experience.

 Sadly enough ... part of my issues is my computer.  It's too outdated, and can't be upgraded anymore than I got it ... a laptop is limited in what it can do.

With-out Multiplayer capability basically, Arma2 and Arma3 suck ... Single Player is fine for those times you don't feel like having to mess with other people, or be a part of a group and keep up with group demands and locations/ect.  > Which can be  a pain in the ass in itself at times.

 However ... when you have ideas , and aren't a russian hacker genius, or know programming ... you get shafted in arma2 Co/OA now.
 The people that could do amazing things moved on.
 What you are left with , is old stuff ( most the "cool stuff" is simple arma2 scripts and mods.) ...
or things that just do not quite "fit" into what you are trying to do and accomplish.

 Mostly because, Arma2 Co is somewhat a military themed virtual combat environment ... thats what it was designed for , and even DayZ mod couldn't over-come those basic principles and limitations.

  Quite honestly ... the best modifications and additions I've seen in Arma games, is the "life-servers" ... Island Life, City-Life, Zargabad Life, Takistan Life ... ect.
 Some have some amazingly done mods and scripted things , that really push the envelope on arma2's basic limitations ...
 My thing is ... I really dislike the GrandTheftAuto "play" , or "Dark-RP" aspects of those "life servers".

 If left up to me, I'd use those systems in totally different ways ... but the best ones, the designers are very stingy with thier code ... which is stupid in arma2 Co nowadays, because once a server shuts down ... and the Devs/admins no longer play ... the scripts and modifications vanish with it.
 To be honest ... a combination of some of the "life server" systems, and DayZ codes/addons ... would have made a much better "game" ... more dynamic, more immersive.
  But ... I'm one of the few players that can think "outside the box" ... that sees "possibilities" ... my issue is, I can't make mods, I can't make GUIs/UIs, I can't program , I can't "script" ... I can look at some scripts and such, and figure out some simple things ... but I can't do anything advanced , and I get tired of making things where the "action menu" is full of things for the players to scroll through to get to and use.
 I get tired of fighting arma2's locked in system ... like changing weapon damages, or backpacks inventory.
 Try to "populate" a map/island with NPCs , or make places seem more "alive" by having citizens going about thier business ( and not be on takistan/zargabad map) ... even getting attacked by "zombies" or "infected" ... dying/turning into "infected" right before your eyes ( or try to save them)  ... again, no easy way to do so ... unless you spend days with triggers, map markers, functions , and unreliable spawn in systems.  Then, you get Ai that spawns in, and just "stands there" ... and you spend more days debugging your patrol scripts, building placements ... ect.

 Things I want to do, are either impossible or out of reach for me.

Like I've said before ... I'm dependant on what others provide for DaiZy , DayZ , or arma2 CO in general ... and no one really makes it but how they see it should be played.
 Like LoD for example ... while it's somewhat configurable ... the person whom made it , thought it was more "fun" to have breaking tools, make it super hard/difficult to "survive" ... thats what was fun for him , and unless you know how to mod scripts ... you are stuck with that design.

 So ... I've lost heart, and am quickly losing interest in arma2 things.

 I think I'm gonna go self-teach Unreal Engine 4 game making , and start making my own videogames.
Slow process ... but it's the only way my "visions" will go forward I think.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

000000
i like the base of this mod. the only i dont like is the tons of weapons and military vehicles have already. (today i found a tank, wtf!).

i want to leave it as minimal of "unnecessary stuff".- before my wish was find something between daizy 2018 and origins sp. and i think i find it with this mod. (with some modifications of course xd)

Im not so good for to make my own SP. i have some cools ideas but zero skills. xD. today i was dying of cold and cut some woods and find some matches and...surprise i need paper and gasoline. for that i love this mod. i died of course.
xD

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
benevolentdevil wrote
[...]

Ok! I see. Think you are way far ahead with DayZ/Arma than me. I've played a lot but i don´t think i got any close your experience of this. Played Epoch for maybe 50 hours or so. Never touched Overpoch. The only DayZ i've played online is Vanilla. Played Life for a few hours and like that one. Agree on the settings in that one, really complex. But online and 3 hours restart, restarting everything to scratch. Couldn't do it. Think that i actually having kind of a unordinary non-going taste i some way. Maybe i'm pushing my unusual taste a bit to far sometimes. My magic moments can be "waiting in a house for the rain to stop", "only having a tent, pitching it up and flip around with my can of beans for 2 hours", "finding the perfect location for my boat to anchor until the fuel runs out". Small day to day things over and over to do in a very slow process. Love shit like that. And like a said, when the base game working as it should every little innovation from me turns to gold. When i get how to deal with the zombies the best way and how entering town in the most clever route. Or when i get an idea of making road blocks for bandit cars. Even minor things like that, breaking a window 4 houses away from my destination to see if the zeds or with suspicion on AIs nearby actually falling for it. Giving me the coast clear. That's the game for me. Shit like that and i'm home baby. Then if i have to secure an extra toolbox to make sure not going out of tools that turns in away into pleasure for me. More shit to deal with. A new obstacle to maintain. I can spend an hour on hiding some sodas behind a bush, lol!

Think we having different mindset on DayZ. But that´s cool to have that. I'm more of a picker and a slow paster than you maybe? And notso much..

xD
That's what the newspaper is for?

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

000000
could be, someone have refuel? how its work?. i think i need a lot of stuff to make this possible.  xD

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
000000 wrote
could be, someone have refuel? how its work?. i think i need a lot of stuff to make this possible.  xD
Maybe you guys are right after all, lol! First wood, then wooden-chips, then fuel, then newspaper, matches............... Really, to make a fireplace?

It's now the (out of the box) comes in. Try to find a burnable barrel or better, try to steal some.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

000000
but i like it. xD. its fun to play.

Yup! This turned to a real shit-fest. From hero to zero within the hour. Man? Guys!

Me too! I love it so far. But not four steps doing a fireplace, more like ten to eleven? And these 11 objects can break with a good chance of doing that? Have to see this! Don´'t break the fuel can and blow yourself into pieces now.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Getting warmer in one of the new south coast apartment buildings. Heard some AIs coming in, not heard or seeing any one in like 10 hours. Have to sneak on to them. 9:30 and all ready dark. Thank god they let the lights on in towns in this, really dark here.

benevolentdevil: It is so obvious that we coming from other worlds here. I can see vanilla all over the mod now. All most everything is built with vanilla in mind totally so. I can see that you not like that game flow. In this you searching for every little nip. House by house. You can´t even dream of fixing a car in vanilla by you own in less then 1 whole day. Bases taking 1-2 weeks to build somehow steady by yourself. Next to that finding a fishing pole and a boat going fishing is the main topic here. That's something to brag on in vanilla chats, lol! Imagine to do epoch built and much more that way. We gathered wooden logs some nails and stones as building material in vanilla.

If you never played vanilla more than a few hours i can see your frustration. No damn you getting upset. If you think you gonna scratch up a wheel and a base in a day? You getting this dead wrong. I can agree on that the crafting is a bit on the much side. But this is a SP mod. You don´t wanna go "end game" in just a few days. In some of the SPs mods your all ready done after a day. Having almost everything, food, water and such for weeks to come. Think this instead is very well balanced done. I've done a lot of preparing all ready. And i know. But my tenth crafting now, and no broken tool yet. Have to be lucky i know. But i'm not doing the same type of crafting with the same tools after one another. Who knows?

I wonder. The tools? do they break themselves or do the whole toolbox breaking? Stuff like hatchets, knifes, shovels. Do they break often not using em in crafting just collecting stuff like hunting, cutting wood, digging stashes? The cars should have different damage to them. Like one just missing a wheel and one needs a full body repair. Not seen a proper wreck yet?

Staring to see why i like it and you don't now. Maybe vanilla is my kind and epoch is yours, that easy. But this is tedious, always meant that way.

Have to check them visitors out now, warmed up and good to go.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

000000
This post was updated on .

a lot of "pile wood raw" useless right now, the trees give more raw wood than normal pile wood.but you need the pile wood for building stuff.

a super zombie hit me and i have to go fast to the hospital

thx god i found a full box of medicines.

Yup! I'm not transporting those boxes without some wheels tho. Looting em dry instead, lol! Think you can pick the whole damn box up. Maybe carry around it in your hands. Nothing surprises me on this mod anymore, lol!

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Here's some short stories on fishing poles and boats for you not being that familiar with Vanilla. My memory came back to me taking about it, lol! On this mod not being an Epoch after all. Just the drawings to the constructions from it.

I heard some schmuck that was stranded on an island once. Found a boat in "working" order, refueled it went out to the place. He al ready left the server so i thought that we should surprise him next time he logged in. Someone accepted my call for a ride back to the main land. It started to raise dawn, getting light out so i told him that i gonna shoot the air so he could hear me instead of seeing me. No flashlights in daytime. He rolled his helicopter then left. I started to call for him. No response. Then after 10-15 min he answered me. He excused his behavior on me shooting, but he actually change his mind. We didn't came up with a trade for the service. His mistake not doing that. Now he bailed out.

I thought if i'm tricking him on something he will come back, picking me up. And so: Aha? A fishing pole, sweet! Now i can survive here and do me some fishing here! Within 1 min. he called for a trade on the fishing pole for a ride. I had a M4 with 2 full mags to it. But he risked it all for that fishing pole, A helicopter on stake for this shit. Lucky me he was not the "sharpest knife in the drawer" so i manage the ride and ran for the woods laughing my ass off. Such a fool that was.

Those rare times i found a decent boat worth hanging on to. One time i worked my ass off to find more than a hand full of fuel, picking barns, construction sites etc. The gas stations in vanilla having a chance of going "dry" depending on the servers setting. Some "spawns" with 20L left in em. So i just checked em up when passing by em the most of the time. Found my 60ish liters of fuel, filled my boat up, left the shore.

Then while at sea i used the waves to spare my gas. I all ways did that if i had the food and drink to make that happen. I floated by the water from Cherno to Elektro in one and a half hours. Having a sitesing. Chatting and eating.

This is the way vanilla players playing the game. Risking everything for a fishing pole and turning their heads 360 to come up with a solution on everything possible to make it work. To survive an another hour.

Btw! Not just to this mod. Think the most DayZ SPs and DaiZys having this little bug. Don't let the icons on your screen go all empty. If so you ain't getting the colors back. Can't see the condition on that feature anymore. Think you can save food and drink by eating or drinking twice. You all ready knew that, but anyways.

Not spoiling stuff here but. A last tip on loot. Pick those bottle packs (6 bottles in a pack) up. You getting at least 3 full thirst on one bottle. Make room for them before you unpack it in your inventory.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
Rach ... yes, I am very non-vanillia expereinced.

 I did play on one for a few days,  and at that time ... that version base building was not available, vehicles ... were practically untouched by most.
Some "coveted" ones like the Urals were taken ... or large trucks with large cargo capacity.

 You kind of had to get off the coast to find a vehicle , most were damaged and needed repaired.  North of Zelenagorsk though, i found a working motorcycle ... all I needed was fuel, and I was less than 800m away from a fuel station, a barn nearby had a fuel can and hose.

 SO I zipped over to Stary Sobor ... and found out , that everyone playing on the server was more into helping each other, instead of the usual "bandits everywhere" ...
 I got my legs broken, because I steppe doff a porch the wrong way.  One guy came to my call for aid, gave me morphine ...
  I seen a few others, but they did not stop , never talked or typed in chat , ignored and ran away from anyone approaching.

 While in Stary still, I found a tent.

 So I hopped on my moto , loaded down with canned food, water bottles and , I had a machete , hunting knife, matches , and a winchester ( which is a decent DayZ weapon to be honest.) ...
 I zipped up to the lake by the dam,  stashed my moto nearby, and set off to find a location to put my camp that wasn't obvious.

 Day 2 - ( I had to log off for a few days) ... I resume my "search" ... and came across another player's camp ( the guy whom gave me morphine) , in the exact same spot I had in mind ( and was my usual place to build larger bases in Epoch, lol ) ...
 He had many tents, a Ural, and a couple of cars ... and everything was full of all the supplies one would need.
  I waited around for him, got tired of waiting after a few hours ... and I went back west, on the other side of the lake/dam area to set up camp in the woods for myself.
  While doing this, I had one guy try to nab my motorcycle ... I spotted him , he didn't see me. I followed him to my motorcycle , I let him put fuel in it ( was almost empty hahaha) , and then I confronted him ..., after a bit of awkward moments ( I was just about to shoot him dead for theft )  , he informed me he didn't know I had taken the Moto from Zelenagorsk area, drove it up there, he thought he found a fresh spawn ... ( I damaged it a bit and ran it almost out of fuel , so it did look like a DayZ spawned vehicle lol)
  He was gonna fix it , and use it ... so I just gave it to him .  I hadn't set up my camp yet, so it wasn't like my location was comprimized really, no harm done.

 Day3 -  I log in, set up my tent.  Stash my food.
 I run down to some towns and to Devils castle ... , I find a cammo net , another tent there.
  I stocked up on more food in cans , and discovered by accident I didn't need an axe to cut wood, the machete did it to.  So, now I figured out I could make fire, and cook my own hunted food.
Went back to camp , chopping zombies along the way. Re-Death by Machete lol ...
  Then I see the guy I give my moto to, dies.
 Not long after, he dies again.
 Not long after, he dies again.
 I ask him by typing, why he's dying ... and zombies kept killing him. He ran out of bullets, and was in Cherno ... which meant lots of zombies spawning in.

 The guy with his camp to my immediate east, also was paying attention, so he came over picked me up and we went to "rescue" the guy I gave the moto to.
 He wrecked the moto, and on his second death, it de-spawned , so it was lost and gone.
 We got the guy fixed up, gave him some supplies, I showed him how to use the hatchet to silently kill zeds with , he didn't even know how to sneak around properly, lol.
 We dropped him off somewhere around Electro area, and went back up to the lake.  The guy driving , took me to his camp, ( I didn't tell him I already knew it was there ) , and because I was nice guy and tried helping the newer guy, he loaded up one of his trucks ... good weapons, ammo, more tools , and some extra food , and a fishing pole.  I didn't even know fishing was a "thing" in DayZ until then.
 It was kinda dumb, but you couldn't fish in the small lakes , you had to go to the coast to fish.  I don't know why ... but thats how it was.

 But I spent probably the next week ... just fishing and hunting, cooking the meat.  I filled up one tent full all food , I boiled water from the lake nearby ...  The only real "issue" I had , was getting cold when rainy.
 Nothing over my head immediate, a small run to the barn by the Dam was best I could do there.  It had Zombies lurking around it always though, because they spawned at it, and the dam in that version.
So it was never truely "relaxing" when needing to go dry out, mak e afire in the barn to warm up/wait for rain to pass. ( It rained A LOT!!!! ) ...

 So then I was like ... I'm set, this is it.  I got storage, I got a ride, I got supplies, weapons , somewhat can get to shelter ... all the water I need, and all the food I could ever eat ... I don't "need" anything else.
I didn't  have to go to towns, or loot.
 Because there weren't any bandits to kill or defend off ... it got boring.  So, I just quit playing vanillia then, went back to Epoch/Overpoch.

---------------

 Yeah, I kinda like more "faster-gains" in some ways.

 But yes, the LoD mod, is a bit too extensive on just simple things.
Especially in Real Life , when I know making a fire doesn't take but some tinder, and kindling and two sticks making friction fire ...  no paper, no gas, not matches, lighters, ect ...
 I'm surprised he didn't script you needed to mine rocks to make a fireplace as well .. . lol.
 In fact, it needed to be scripted that you could make fire many ways ... if you had gas, you don't need paper or kindling , lol ... just matches or lighter.   If you only had matches , then maybe woodchips and wood ...
 ect ... not ALL of that mess just to make a fire ... it took something vital you need to do, and over-complicated it.

Yes, your tool box will break.  I broke 4 of them repairing two wheels , also broke my crowbar twice , I had to find a hand pump and screw jack as well ... Also needed spark plugs, battery , a manual to repair the engine ... I forget what else.  But yes, the box breaks ( I think it says " You have Toolbox broken" , instead of your "tool box broke" .. and you will have to go find all the tools that go in another empty toolbox.

 Lucky for me, I kind of figured it'd break, so I packed two , stashed two in my tent, then went and packed another two, one on my belt , one in my backpack.
--------------------

It's the grindstone ( at least for me, the hardest thing to find. )

------------------

But no, I don't particularly like tedious.  I don't have the patience really ...
I understand what you mean, " you don't want end game in a few hours" ... I don't exactly want that either , but I also do not like having to constantly "grind" just to do simple things, and make it all tedious.

 LoD , while great concept ... just becomes too "grindy" in that sense.  Too much for me anyways.
  Such reminds me of those crappy made "survival games" , where your food and water run out really fast , day and night and season change every few hours  ... where all you do, is seek out those basic things to keep your hunger/thrist up, forcing you to ignore or pass up other features ( like construction of a hut/house/base) ...
 It also reminds me of DayZ Standalone ( I'm fairly sure much of it is the same in LoD , the fireplace reminds me of the overly complicated system in Standalone. ) ... Standalone is much WORSE than Vanillia , no cars in Standalone. No Base building ... there are barrels and tents , good luck "hiding" those though.  So ALL of Standalone is looting/grinding , repairing your stuff , or shooting other people.
 Some things in standalone is cool ... like, right at the beginning, spawn on the coast, you search the ground for rocks , out of that rock you find, you craft a makeshift knife.  With that one "knife" , you can make a bow, arrows, fire, firebow, a spear ( well you need bone , and chicken feathers at least for some of that) ... from animals you can get meat, cook on the fire , ... all you really "need" is water/drinks from there.
  But , that's as "simple" as it gets in Standalone ... everything else is just aggravation ... you get "infected", you have to treat it the right way, and there's like 12 different types of infection, all needs a different treatment.
 Good luck getting bloodbagged ... you need to know your blood type , and if you find a test kit, you better be a doctor in real life, to understand it's results.  Not that your ever gonna find  a compatible bloodtype , a kit to do injections thats "clean" ... or someone to give you the bloodbag.   No one is "nice" in standalone ... all will try to murder you, or at least try and rob you blind, leaving you with nothing, and still not bloodbag you.

 So it too is just to tedious, and grindy ... some "systems" don't make sense , even if others are very cool.
 Thats why LoD reminds me of it ... same thing, just different stuff to be overly tedious with is all.

 ------------
I would rather have the option to set my own "pace".

 Like base building for example ... it takes a bit of time , just to craft wood from trees into lumber and plywood , for wood structures.  Then time to make those into walls, a full wood wall, means you need enough materials to make 3 smaller walls and combine them together ...
 Thats just for one wall.
I'm not even gonna remark on the cynder-block walls, and what that takes ... lol.
  That process is more than enough time consuming as base "epoch" set it ...

 and just because you make a base quicker,  doesn't always mean you reached "end game"  ...  you can always "improve" or make additions ...
 Once you got a good base, and supplies stashed up ... why not go set up some out-post along the coast?
 Or go make a beach condo?
 Or a Lake side Cabin somewhere ... or a hunting lodge up in the hills?  Or if desire to be REALLY creative, why not craft up a small "villiage" somewhere, complete with fences and walls to keep the zeds out?  Yeah, you might not ever get any civilians to come live there ... or AI to set up a "civilization" ... hahaha, but you could build it ... if everything wasn't so time consuming and tedious and breakage such a pain ...

 You are always gonna use up food and drinks ... most likely some ammo to ... , eventually if you get a working vehicle, it'll need gas at some point ... , "end game" with a game system that honestly has no real "end" ... just death end it ... is subjective to one's point of view, I think.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Cool little story on vanilla. You should twist his arms, lol! Have to be fair on the toolbox and that it is a bit over-doings here. The toolbox is a turndown man. If you broke the tool you used on that task. Like an electric tool breaking on a an electric object or a hammer broke hammering. Ok! But when you break your nippers and the whole rack breaking on you for no reason? That's not good.

And the stuff to a fireplace is kind of foolish have to say. More of a laughter material to be honest. Don't mind that so much. But 20 liters of fuel and wet wooden chips to light it up? Lol! If it was or. Newspaper or fuel, not fuel and wooden chips.

Hope 000000 didn't blown himself trying to make some camp fire.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
Not in LoD , or only remotely related, but I seen this and thought it was an awesome Epoch building ... it does need some "work" , a few more secure parts , and a location no hills over-looking down into it ( avoiding snipers) , but great looking , and interesting building design non-the-less.

Circle shaped base

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
This is exactly what i'm talking about. Cant care less on this type game "structure". I'm a survival player to the core. Cool and such, but not for me. Economics and markets etc. Maybe in Stalker but not so much in DayZ. It feels too close to a working society for me. More like "sims" to be frank. Getting my "sims" experience in State of Decay 2, not here. If you can go there in, let's say 300 hours, ok (just maybe)! But not as a main feature.

And due to LoD, think we got numbers of different "rules" to different kinds of constructions. Can be wrong, but i feel that basic stuff like stashes, pitching obstacles, sandbag walls etc. Even harvesting in a way is more forgiving on breaking tools, correct me if i'm wrong on this. Still lucky, doing most of that stuff for now. Maybe that's why my stuff not broken yet.

Flipping around with my digital-camo tent in the middle of Elektro. Found a almost perfect spot for it. A pump or electric station (those small ones behind fences). No one will never figure it out, lol! A side to the railsway see if you can find it. Filled a hole in the fence with some sandbag walls etc. At least for me the game "forcing" me from the right way. From basic to advanced. Maybe it is more thought behind the design than what we can see after a few hours in it? The more complex it will be the harder succeeded doing it. Not an excuse but it fits me well (if this is the case).

Edit: Remember how i actually tried to stop players making trades with each others through side chat and even through discord back in the days, lol! If the devs. not added working radios to the game, the: "wanna trade some nvgs" or "some pick me up, can i have a ride" shit shouldn´t be allowed, lol!

That's how much of a "fascist" i can be, lol! Actually manage to make a rule on "don´'t give out locations" in vanilla. Very proud of that. Hmmm? I gave that out to the hosts not the other way around if they trying to tell you that.
12345