Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

12345

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
made a workbench and tent

 A tent takes 2 canvas and two metal poles ... which is a bit "expensive" , metal poles are not easy to come by.

Workbench is two lumber , one nails , and one plywood.

 WARNING- Your tools will break , and axe/knife blunt very fast and often.
I'm probably gonna gonna use loki's lost key or MCC , to negate that spawn in tools ... first time I use my new knife, it breaks ... WTF???
 First time i cut wood to make a fire my axe dulls ... double WTF?
(I hate those chances of tool breakage , and aggravating continuous search for something , when it's spread out and not to common to find in the first place. )

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
But doesn't look like you need a plot pole for epoch building , just the epoch "recipies" are tad more costly/complex than regular epoch.

(I hate those chances of tool breakage , and aggravating continuous search for something , when it's spread out and not to common to find in the first place. )
Well then! Here's some settings from vanilla after all then. Like that things can break but? Hope it just was a hunk of luck on you on that. These days. With 6 hatchets to cut some wood. Those were the days!

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

000000
This post was updated on .
i made some changes, i delete the infected dogs and the zombies (female) run like usaint bolt but by far is one of the best modpack
pd, this file stringtable.xml you can change some radio msg appears at the beginning.

pd2, makewaypoints.sqf control all this msg.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
I never played vanilla long enough to find out about tool breaks.

 I understand, it gives you more places to run and look around, forcing you around the map.
But, ... it's time consuming as it is , I don't want to spend all my time running to look for grindstones and knives.
 I could see small chance of breakage, or even better something like ( You only get 20 uses out of this tool, 18/20 used) when it goes to zero, then it breaks.
 Basically breaking two tools on the first try, just tells me the percentages for blunting/breaking are too high.
 But with my luck, it could be just 1% , and I got all 100% of that 1% ...

i will try later to find where to find and modify this about the tools. if i find a AXE i want this hold more than some minutes xD

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

000000
ok its here, for the blunt hatchet:

       if (random 20 < 1) exitWith {
                        player removeWeapon "MeleeHatchet";
                        player addWeapon "ItemHatchetBlunt";
                        cutText [localize "str_player_75", "PLAIN DOWN"];
                                _isOk = false;
                                _proceed = false;
                };

just need to delete or add // to every line

location is:
dayz_code/actions/player_chopwood.sqf

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
yeah, can edit most the sqfs ... but there's many to do,  hatchet , hunting knife, toolbox ( trust me you don't want that one to break , it's a royal pain to fill up ) Sledgehammer, Pickaxe ,crowbar, etool, shovel,  ... thats alot of editing.

 I couldn't get MCC to run with the LoD addon ... I don't know why, never gave me an error ...
I get loki's lost key to work, partly ... but can't find all the items in it's list ... too many items via ARP items in it I think.

 Well, it was -almost- a great mod ... but again, it was made to frustrate players, why everything has to be an ordeal/so difficult???  It would have been great , if you could hang onto tools for more than one or two uses ... , I can say for a fact ... it'd be near impossible to make  a base if you had full zombies, infected dogs, and AI numbers bumped up.  You wouldn't even get time to look at items, much less find all the crap you need.

 While it was almost neat ... almost there , I think I'm about done trying the daizy mods.
Most of them are somewhat "fun" , up to a point ... then they become "grindy" , or too "videogamey" ...
or get bored doing the same stuff over an over.
  I thought this one would be cool, new vehicles to fix up and drive ... I  fixed that jeep ... OMG you need so much stuff just to fix wheels!!!! You need car battery, jumper cables, spark plugs, a manual to repair the repair the engine, engine block, engine parts , scrap metal , and every busted window needs a windscreen and a gasket called a "compactor" ... , which is way too much , way too much "work" just to get a simple ride.
 I can imagine finding a helicopter ... fixing it would be a nightmare even more so.

 I thought it'd be cool, to build a nice epoch-style base, add on with an Origins house later when the stuff was found ...
 But tools break about every time you use them, or get blunt ... and grindstones apparently are very rare finds.  I spent hours looking for another one, got it fixed my hatchet ... then my knife broke again ... only blunt ones spawn ...
 So aggravating ... at least to me it is.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

000000
This post was updated on .
im editing the mod for have all the tools when i spawned. i remove nails from
dayz_code\Configs\CfgMagazines\EpochItems.hpp

now i can build for example a workbench without need nails.

still need knife and other stuff to "fix/modify". i dont want to use cheating scripts like loki. because if i know its there i will use it everytime and that kill the game.
i also delete in init.sqf the option selection menu (selectparam.sqf) , now i spawn randomly in the map with the same gear from

playerequip.sqf

just need to edited and add items as you like.

adding just // wont work for all.. im changing
 if (random 20 < 1) exitWith {  to  if (random 1000000 < 1) exitWith {  maybe can hold a little more. xD

[...]

Pfff? To bad to hear that. I went back to Origins to check that up a bit more since that´s the one i started with. so i haven´t gone that far yet. But it´s a damn shame if that´s the case, hmmmm?!

As a straw here maybe one can try different path playing the game? Like taking over all ready built bases. Or try to salvage all ready existing objects like vehicles, bases etc. Going back to this to see for myself. Give it some more hours.

Maybe the thought in this is to make some "defenses" then on to it again, then some more, and then some more........ Like growing over time? Don´t think that´s the way of doing or balancing a mod but maybe this is the idea.  I can play like that (not breaking every time but often), but i understand you. That´s not ideal. Would prefer it not being the case.

Talking on which. Origins is more the opposite, you never seem to go out on matches, nothing breaks in this, getting up to 15 woods on an apple tree. A bit too generous on that in this instead.

Btw. Think some zombies in both in this and Origins (walkers) acting if you "failing" on a attack like shooting em in the shoulder or so. Have 0% runners in Origins but some of them starts chasing me if i´m not killing em the first shot. Like that a lot. Now it´s not being too easy with less zombies in Origins.

Edit: Going out of the box a bit. Like always having a watch out eye for bandit cars patrols and so on. Stealing or conquer stuff like vehicles etc. Not doing everything from scratch.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Remember ASR-AIs + COWARMod to DayZ X. Similar to MCC, why not try that. Think you don't need ASR or CBA (all ready in the game) but try to use the other one. Think it was that one. You can flip stuff on the go with that one. Add troops, choose almost every single person in A2 as playable, build a team on the go, etc.

MCC never worked for me in DayZ/DaiZys (access denied).

You can't add the "cheat menu" from DaiZy mods into this?

This post was updated on .
Update: The . without extra filler lines.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Do some overeating and listen to your stomach, lol! Have to be my last line for today.

Nope! The food was out of date, lol! No overeating. But my stomach went uproar not the less.

Or i did, pffff! Think you can overeat in this. Leaving this specific topic now.

 5:30am as default everytime start a new game.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
000000 wrote

 5:30am as default everytime start a new game.
 Nice pic. Settings?

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

000000
This post was updated on .
using some flares.. xD

1.im using sweetfx with a preset (if you are using the beta, you must copy the sweetfx files in beta folder.)
https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1126/

2.- in mission.sqm
i change those parameters..its right after the list of all addons in mission.sqm
                startWeather=0.77659982;
                forecastWeather=0.52341133;
                year=2018;
                month=10;
                day=31;
                hour=5;
                minute=30;

right now i made some changes:
-removed carries
-removed all jsrs sound files (i will add just somes later)
-removed Dogs
-removed female zombies running really fast
-removed itemnails from epoch building system
-modify the time toolbox and other tools broke
-removed selectparam.sqf , now character respawn randomly in map with the same loadout/gear:
the items are:
-silenced riffle with flashlight on it.
-m9sd
-toolbox
-map
-backpack with 72 slot
-other stuff dont remember right now. xD

This means one of twenty to break? Done some minor stuff like hunting, wood cutting, pitched fences. But no broken tools yet. Maybe luck. But if it is sat to 1/20 i should make sense. I've done 5 "work" with my "tools" now. Is not related to just repair and base building?

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

000000
i update it rachel have to change the 20 to 1000000, in this file or another is   if (random 30 < 1) exitWith {

both i changed for 1m and til now no more broke.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Thx! Cool. But if it is 1/20 or even 1/30 i think i'm good with the default setting. Think vanilla was 1/20 or even less than that. Worst like 1/10 on some servers. Think 1/20 was the easy settings in vanilla, lol! If so i'm good. Can be wrong about it but. If it is 1/30 it should be perfect for me.

I want my tools to break, just not every time you using it. 1/20 = 5% 1/30 = 3%. The chance is 5% on breaking it? Am i getting the math wrong? Or do you calculate the odds in a different way?

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

000000
yep, just need to increase to 100 or 200.- just put the number you feel confortable. i spend 1 real day try to find a toolbox  and after less than 20 uses desappears. xD.

i will reduce later after i test some building stuff. now im trying to add a "salvage script"

https://opendayz.net/threads/release-epoch-all-salvage-vehicles-script-v-1-0-german-english.13386/

with that i can repair one car with parts i found or take from old vehicles.

12345