Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

12345

Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
Land of the dead 7GB d-load.

 I thought this one deserved a direct spotlight ...

 Of course, it's mostly Russian, but  by far yet, the best SP DayZ "adventure" I've played yet.  I'm very excited to explore more of the features ( so many in this!!! )!

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
Yeayyya! I knew you would like it. Happy that that´s the case. So i didn´t waste your time after all. Now let´s start sharing nix and tricks on cool shit, lol!

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
I posted some of my finds on the other discussion topic.  ;)

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Yep! Cool! Having all the stuff u mention for a homemade tent. To be totally honest i think this mod is better than Origins. At least on paper. I prefer Origins over this still but. The zombies, loot, construction, AIs, how it runs. Damn! I saw my first AIs at Berezino south/west coast. Heading the beach and saw a dust cloud with a bang. Went prone, saw some more "tracers" near the railway stop. Then 4-5 guys (kind of saw) ran shooting at each other i think for 10-15 min around in the district there. They disappeared with some shots every 2 min or so. After i dared to go closer and check i heard em advance up north Berezino still shooting. Minding their own business. Never checked for foes on the ground tho. So AIs seem to work flawless just like in Origins. And that it seems to be no missions and i really like that if so. Nothing saying anything on the map, just blank. Instead AI-bases and shit. I want my mods to be different from each other. Taviana night at 5 pm, Cherno more like 10 pm. Origins spooky weather, Cherno like summer time, holiday felt etc. I´m so pleased with both mods. The buildings and map in Origins, man! The settings in Land of the Dead. You need "Chips" to light up wood in this, lol! Think hes meaning potato chips, lol! So deep!

No mistake to download these ones. And woudn't you believe it? Yep! One Last Days coming through, lol! A nasty sucker tho. Go directly to Klaycus site, not to mega upload. They give you 5gb in the cloud, then they want you to pay or you have to "wait" for 6 hours on standoff. Uhh? The Klaycusers are wise and did already slice em up. 6 packages around 1.9GB each plus one i think 300mb and one launcher file at some kb. You see for yourself. Now you can loose your connection all you want. No prob. One a day if you want to, perfect! Just choose the map you want and then download it.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

000000
this mod build system like origins sp?

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Eric the Viking
Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
A nasty sucker tho. Go directly to Klaycus site, not to mega upload.
Yeh... following my own advice I attempted to download the entire package from Mega - I've downloaded bigger things and never had a problem but now there's a paywall.

I downloaded the individual items too (Napf) but use JDownloader, it makes it so easy...

This was overnight at full speed (2.0 MB/s) and no problems.

When you get an axe/hatchet and get wood, if you click the hatchet it will give you build options, to make wood chips for fires.
  I think he meant kindling.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
I will probably not get Last Days ...  LoD is gonna be it for me.

 I'm feel the AI is a tad too much. They are too skilled.  Most are anyways.
You got lucky they were shooting and moving away from you, the shots giving them away ... when I play, I normally don't see them , and get shot blind or from behind ( or they shoot me while i'm at a building entrance stepping out.  They never seem to give away thier position ... only rarely have I seen them running in the distance.   I think AI normally spawn too close too in most of these mods.  I've had them litterally spawn in my face and shoot me before fully loaded in many times.
Maybe I think like AI and just happen to go to spots they spawn at, I don't know ... it does get aggravating to get killed because of spawn-in locations , and not because you were out-maneuvered.

 I do like Chernarus a bit better than Taviana , I only like Tavi because of the extra buildings ... I'm certain though, it's just because it adds "Zero-Buildings" addon in it's .pbos ... Otherwise, I think Tavi is a horribly designed map.  That bridge between the islands, is too long ...

 at one time, I took the Day of Survival mod from here, I added all the addons for buildings from Epoch ( MGB buildings, MGB Killhouses, and Zero Buildings ) and it opened up way more enter-able buildings on Chernarus.  I'm sure , such could be added to LoD Chernarus too ...
I forgot how i did it ... specifically ... I think I had to repack all .pbos with the new added ones, and open the mission in the editor , load it , and repack it into a .pbo mission as well ...
  It's been too long though for me to remember how I did it.
  I do remember loot did not spawn in the enter-able buildings ( as DoS would lack building position codes to do so. ) , but it was nice having more interiors to get into.

 As far as LoD ... I like it the best so far, in part because it seems to make you work harder to do even the simplest of things , some of it is also a tad over-complicated I think.
 since I can't get my toolbox to load up tools yet ... I can't start working on the Jeep I found.  I also think engine, fueltank, and tires take up too much inventory room ... but with-out the toolbox , you can't even repair tires found.  Even though I have a crowbar, handpump, all the tools ... I'm missing a sledgehammer handle ... I have the head to make one, just can't find a handle. ( why I couldn't just craft one out of wood ... who knows??? )
 So that's a bit aggravating ... I hadn't found a grind stone either ... I don't really know where to look for one of those.  Every hunting tower I've seen and checked has been empty or just trash in it.

 There are some things I do like though ... like the Silver cases, you open them and they give you more stuff, mine had a USB in it, I hadn't used it yet.  It also had a bloodbag, and 5 mp5sd mags in it ...
 I didn't need the magazines ... but it was a nice feature.
   It's interesting enough to keep playing, my goal is to at least be able to start a base or hide-out of some sort, and fix that awesome looking jeep ... , which will probably take me a while ... and mean I need to look in places I normally avoid I bet.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
benevolentdevil wrote
[...]

Yep! I saw that too the map is the base one. Most closed buildings in this, too bad. For me the added buildings compensate that anyway.

The toolbox i think working like or similar to the (Vanilla/Alpha mod) base building scheme. You getting a request on "you need this". After that you getting a new request, "add this" until you having the amount of equipment the function needs. Kind of annoying sometimes. You don´t really know when it´s done, before you are done with it.

On the Origins "player menu" i was reading you mention the amount of zombies in it. Yep! the "vanilla" Origins only goes down to 10%, but the dlc one give you 0% on that. Kind of reminding of each other the dlc version and this one.

And i´m pretty sure here's no bloodsuckers, lol! Thank god for that huh?

  I think he meant kindling.

Yep! Hope i got all i need. Have to mess this up and see how it works.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
000000 wrote
this mod build system like origins sp?
benevolentdevil? Wasn't this a mix between Origins and Epoch on construction/base building? And then some more "unique" stuff to this mod itself?

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

000000
in addons folder have origins_pack and epoch pbo.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
000000 wrote
in addons folder have origins_pack and epoch pbo.
Think it is a mixed one then. Not sure where he talked about it. But i'm sure i read something like that about it elsewhere. Better keeping the discussions in one place from now on i think. So many quotes all over the site.

But i'm pretty sure that's the case.

[...]

Edit: Maybe that's not related to this but. Not seeing AIs. I never goes under 1000 field of view. Think the AIs spots you before you do that way. Think they can see you before the game rendering em in.

The "adding stuff to drink", like water purification tablets, medicine etc. Think you only have to have a soda or a water bottle in your inventory to do that in the most cases. I picked on one of those and i consumed it and the soda i had in my inventory was used as well if i not remembering it wrongly.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
I figured out the drinks ... try the soda+vodka ... hahahaha!  ( yes there's vodka in the shops in boxes) ...

 yeah, i think all I need is the sledgehammer for the toolbox.

-------------------------------------

00000-  I believe the crafting/construction is a mix of "custom" , Origins, Epoch, and vanilla dayz ...
  I have not been able to craft anything yet myself, to know for certain though.

 I need a sledgehammer handle , or a sledgehammer that's not broken to be able to say more ... with-out my "toolbox" working atm ( I am missing one tool ) , I can't construct anything ...
well maybe make a tent , if I can find a grind stone or a sharp knife.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
 There are few things I don't understand that are in LoD mod for now ...

 The PDA does not seem to do anything ... I'm not sure why we spawn with one.  maybe it's used later???
I've not found out what it does in any case.

 I have also seen camcorders ... I didn't pick any up myself , but I did grab a "notebook" ( personal computer) , but it says I need a radio and be near a radio tower to work it. I hadn't found a radio yet.
 I'm not sure how many of these new objects are just ARP items ( with no function) , or what items can be combined with others to do something neat ...
  I can't seem to find any help documentation on the sub-systems/crafting for LoD.
The creator, just seemed to leave it for others to "figure out" ... which is cool in a way, and aggravating in other ways.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Yep! Thought the items not giving a description to it were just fillers. Think you somehow can use the ones telling something to them. Also found the camcorder, think that had nothing saying to it, just a blank window.

Like that you have to figure it out yourself too. You know those, AHHAH! moments. Strait satisfactory!

Have to find me some vodka now then, lol!

Think i'm gonna use the ARP items as trinkets in my base when it's time for that. Like The Elder Scrolls, collecting gems and flower vases, lol!

Or it pops up a message "tape the Bandits no good doings and report to the authorities" on a random but in a precisely moment. Depending on what the Bandits are doing. Like stealing stuff or breaking someones property.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
ok, all night of searching ...

I finally got the "toolbox" packed and can use it now.
Word of advice on that ... there are TWO different sledgehammers ( i found out the hard way.) Sledgehammer number one is whole, it goes in the toolbox.
 Sledgehammer number two, you must find a head and a sledgehammer handle and after you pack the toolbox, you can craft the sledgehammer.

 Last thing I found was a grindstone ... I searched 5 towns every building, every place plus Polana factory ... last place I checked ( factory north of Solincity near the coast) I finally found one.

 In order to cut wood from trees, you need a hatchet.  In order to do much of anything with the wood, you need a sharp knife. ( to make wood-chips , to make lumber/plywood at least.)
 I hadn't tried crafting anything yet, I just now found the items I needed, and was out of play time tonight. GRRR!

 With a sharp knife or Hunting knife, you can craft things with canvas and tear clothes for rags/canvas , and of course do some wood work, and cut/gut animals for food.
 I think canvas can be crafted to make a tent.

You need a pick axe to mine rocks ... any place that has rocks on the ground, you can mine a bit from.  Then you need the sledgehammer to use those rocks to craft walls and gates/foundations. ( Thats all I've discovered so far on it )

A shovel+ sandbags can craft a "stash" ... not the etool, but shovel.
Etool is used for the base construction in epoch , like to make H barries and sandbag walls.

 I think ... you can get lumber from pallets found ... kinda neat.
two lumbers you can make 1 plywood from.
With 2 lumbers and one plywood ( once you have all the tools lol ) ... I think you can make a workbench.

I hadn't tried it yet , but if I remember correctly from epoch, you need a workbench near where you are gonna craft a base or base parts, to make most the big things ... like walls, floors , doorways, ... but also things to store items in as well ... like crates and gun-racks ...

 As of right now ... I'm a bit "torn" on what to do first ... Now I can craft somethings ... I really want to set up a camp (if I got the stuff to make a tent at least) , as my inventory is quite full, I need some temporary storage at least ... I also want to see what it's going to take to start building a base ...
But , ... I'm not really in the area I'd like to build in , lol.

However ... the Jeep I found is near the area I'm in ... and I can't decide if thats more important to get fixed up or not yet ...
I did find some other vehicles around: a Box truck, a Ural, a armed SUV , and a cargo van ... they all need major work though ...
a tire takes up six inventory slots , and most are flat or damaged ... So, it's gonna be a process just to get tires it seems.
 I'm not sure exactly all of what fixing up a vehicle takes ... besides the toolbox, because I found an engine repair manual , I found spark plugs, car batteries , a wheel jack , a funnel, ... so we'll see on that I guess.

 But ... even though a vehicle would make things nice ( and give some extra storage ) ... I might go find my spot to build, and start that if I can ... then return for the jeep later ... or another vehicle ...
  At least a "starter camp" to work from if i can do that much.

 But it's kind of a catch-22 ... hahaha, the vehicle would make it faster/easier to get some parts for building, defiantly less weight carried long ways.
 I noticed if you carry a lot of stuff, your water use goes down fast!
I've picked up some building supplies on my way around ... cause i didn't know how easy/common they were to get ... so i got some stuff in my bag already.
  But , I need to build some stuff, so i can store some things and be able to carry vehicle parts ... so, I dunno if I'll get the jeep running first , or look for a place to put my base/camp at ...

I'll probably get started on the base first ... I'm just very uncertain as to where ... I'm not far from berizino atm ... thats pretty far up north, but a way away from about anything too ...
  I don't know, if the mission/mod is set that once you start building in an area ... thats where it's going to be ...
 in Epoch, you had plot poles you had to buy , in order to make bases. Since this is single player ... I don't know if you need a plot pole or not ... I don't know what it takes to make one if so.
 I also found House Building documents ... So that might be the "plot pole" , or it might be used for the origins building stuff ... I don't know.

 I'll find out though I guess.

If I screw up, I suppose I could revert a save ... or just start over from scratch if needs be ... but , wow 3 days of searching just to get the bare necessities ... lol , I'd rather not have to go through all that again hahaha!

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This is just amazing.
12345