DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

benevolentdevil
DayZNovaMeh44 gotten off Klaycuss' site ...

 It's fairly interesting.
Part of the action menu is in russian at times, and so is the starting config where you pick time of day, how much loot, how fast zombies are ... ect.

 I'm not too sure how the base-building/constriction works yet.  I found quite a few "blueprints" , but I hadn't tried using any yet.   I think it's akin to origins and vanilla dayz building types ...
 I could be wrong, dunno hadn't tried it yet.

 making a camp fire is back to the way it should be, easy ... just wood+ matches.

 I hadn't found a toolbox yet ...
Radio "0-0" menu is entirely russian, I have no idea what any of em say, but the last option is the epeen monitor.
Not sure why, but there was a mixed Ai group when I first spawned in ... they ran up in a UAZ , stopped while I was looting a apartment building, started shooting at me when I looked over the balcony ...
 I'm a fairly good shot ... and this group almost killed me ... I only had a pistol, and I think the sights were off ... I recovered enough , bandaged and then I killed them all ...

 I've had a friendly group of AI follow me a few places, a survivor and a fox-trot1 "soldier" , I can't recruit em because I don't know which russian command that is ... They seem to be traveling same places i am though.

 Zombie behavior ... some of these stay inside buildings, scared the crap out of me, went in a barn, one was crouched behind the crates under the stairs.  Others seem to be typical zombies, though there's a few slight different skins, even female zombies.

 One interesting point I noticed, even though it's in russian, ... you can move objects, even load them into vehicles just like the wasteland mission scripts.
 Some extra stuff, like you can forage for mushrooms, and I assume you can plant seeds in the mission to ... I couldn't seem to do anything with the mushrooms though.

 I forgot how big NAPF was , and I honestly do not remember it all.  I found where the dam was, and one of the spots, where they had a trader in epoch napf ... ( just houses in this one though.)
Nice change of scenery getting away from Chernarus for a while.

So far, it's a bit simpler than LoD ... but I like it so far.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

benevolentdevil
 I'm fairly sure much of the "construction" is crafting and placing standard arma2 assets , like sandbag walls , the netted towers ...
 I've not yet figured out the blueprints yet though.  Hadn't tried.
 It's difficult to know what you need ... because the hint that pops up just says : " you failed to make ____ "

It offers no hint on what material is needed next.

 But, I only played enough to get moderately geared.  Loot wasn't hard to find.
The UAZ I took either got stolen , or despawned. I'm guessing despawned.   Meh ... I earned it fair as square from that original attacking AI group, but oh well.
 I did find an off-road truck , but it needs everything repaired ... and like I said, I hadn't found  a toolbox yet, don't even know if I need one or not.
 I'm not familiar enough with NAPF to know exactly where to look for toolboxes, none of the industrial I've came across has had any yet.
 I don't care much to find that truck again , nor fix it up specifically ... I'm trying to keep my eyes out for other vehicles though.

 Napf is a huge map ( I love that!) ... I have just forgotten where all the "important places" are ... I might go looking for the castle in the center , see if anything or anyone is there... , I don't expect to find anything though.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Sounds really cool. Like the "move objects", same in LD. Maybe you need to "lock" the "objects", even cars, tent, stashes etc. in this mod. I can lock and unlock moveable objects in LD. Check that out next time.

And forgot to tell that you can pick/switch dead AIs clothes in LD if you want. Not seen that in the other DayZ SPs or DaiZys before. Keep us updated! Like what i hear so far.

And Napf is a really cool map, agree on that. One bad thing in Taviana is that the mountain areas is so blend and dull. Napf has more effort made to these areas. More terrain and structure to it. Not just a hill with nothing to it. Maybe just a bit to open on the countryside, little lacking on woods. But overall one of the best maps.

Nope!  Did spawn in some thin areas that's all. Just good balance on woodlands, similar to Cherno in some places. Really nice map Napf.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote

Forgot. The "plant seeds" have to be one of the more interesting features i've heard about in days. Keep us updated on that. If we can grow croft etc. That have to be a deal breaker if so. Can't imagine how more "building a communityish" it can be. Invite for dinner to your fellow friendlies. Somehow be subsistence on food over time. Imagine to build a base near a lake, crofting your own food. Then if we could make "loot once" spawn permanent. Think it respawn at the time you set in the player menu. I would love to see loot spawn only one time ever. How cool!That and some vehicles with some repairs in em and statics you could break down for materials that respawned on a timer. Otherwise you have to steal it from AIs or create it from the environment.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

benevolentdevil
I hadn't tried planting anything yet ...

 If you could only loot once, I could see growing some food crops being useful.
So eventually , you'd be having to hunt animals , and growing your own food for long term survival.

 It's a nice concept ... but kind of redundant in single player I think.   Maybe more for just what you want to do, ... I don't know yet.

 So far, most of it plays like any dayz single player ... common along the lines/fashion of the Russian made ones.  Bandits, other Ai, and" hunters" ( I assume if you cause enough trouble for a faction, they start "hunting you down". )

 Seems AI are a bit more in larger towns ... vehicle patrols and air patrols more there, than in other areas.
 Zombies behave like zombies/infected from original dayz set ... nothing too special except some lurk inside buildings until you aggro them. Not many , just some.

 NovaMeh44 mod, seems like average dayz single player, with just a few extras tossed in so far.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

benevolentdevil
Further testing/playing of this mod has to wait ...

I've been distracted by fixing another mod's scripts so it works now,  which kicks open some doors previously closed to me for making "survival based missions". ...

will return to this, later on probably.

will return to this, later on probably.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Well, well, would as, such as surprise. Who would know about this one? Played it a bit now, "played it". Thought the mod was broken, or very unbalanced at least. Everything seem to spawn like (DayZ X) in this. Act on, and act on........ But after visiting the missions DZAI folder and pulling out despawnBandits_dynamic.sqf, spawn_heliPatrol.sqf, spawnBandits_custom.sqf and spawnBandits_dynamicV2.sqf. Only leaving spawnBandits.sqf and spawn_vehPatrol.sqf with the following despawn, respawn.sqfs i'm so pleased with this.

After that i set the settings to; 10- players, 50% friendly, 0.1% zombies, 10% fast. Yep! That's right. If you playing this mod as a civil war type of mod, like Wasteland in a way. With my settings the game going to a really nice change from DayZ. The game is spawning so many AIs in towns and villages that this way is a must. And how good the game been after these changes. Ais not acting on you, but they are very caution. If they see you you gonna have a hard time. In "bigger" towns it will be a  lot of shootouts. You have to be really careful. Rather the bandits acting less unfriendly if you keeping distance or the low number on friendly AIs spawning around the areas, instead of totally random like (Origins) there you can go for a whole day (24/H) if you're unlucky.

AIs going in houses checking em out. If they spot you they sometimes going in. Ais do act on zeds, and they can be killed by zeds as well. But there's no worry that you running out of AIs there is plenty of them. You find all kind of seeds, pumpkin seed, tea bush seeds, grass seeds (med) etc. Think you can plat it an harvest it. Cool! You find blueprint on everything and everything. Like walls, camonet, deer towers etc. Think Epoch built and construction engine is in the mod, pretty sure. Spawned with a (Army bowler) that tells (cook soup) if you clicking it. A bunch of new weapons and new loot. Like different types of tents i don't seen before etc.

Try this, play it like a Wasteland clone. And not like DayZ. You ain't getting disappointed if you do. Without helicopters, zombies and because it's so full of AIs it works damn good like so. I really enjoying it.

Coming back on this when i  know more, but i have the feeling that i will like this a bit more than DayZ forwards. No zeds and lurking AIs in "every" corner and AIs patrolling the roads, tuning to a winner. Getting the first impression vibes from DayZ all over again. Like you sitting on nails. Completely tense.

If you having patience you can trick the AIs but it will take time. And if you taking your time they moving around, giving you more "space" roaming your way a bit more undisturbed. And the biggest threat outside towns is the roads.

And you can choose (Napf 3.0 SP) map alternative. That map is open. All the buildings like the hospitals, red houses, yellow houses, car service garages etc. is open. Not the same as the modified map in DayZ - Last Days. Some funny mistakes is done to some buildings on the countryside tho. See it like a consequence from the war. Not always a flat surface underneath. Lol! Pretend it was a landslide. Kind of cool actually, seen a few built in to each other. Have to figure it out to get in.

Update: Yup! Somehow lesser but richer. Those heavy DayZs like Last Days and Land of the Dead are the better mods due to content, as DayZ mods. But have to say that this fits like one chaotic ongoing war situation this way. Like cast! Out in the wildlands you more or less travel, recreating and planing your routes. Not totally different from DayZ but it having an another feel to it. The towns the other hand comes to a cat and mouse catch there you have to cut every corner, stay and wait, hide etc. The funny thing i've seen is that the AIs kind of acting like players very often. They can likewise avoid confrontation as you will. You are not the centre of attention here. Maybe they hunt you down, maybe they moving on to shelter or hides. So cool to get something different to the normal DayZ experience.

The loot is a bit strange tho. It seems like it duplicates. Haven't come so far into it yet. But two of every ordinary items like water bottles, food cans, sandbags can be found all over the place. Maybe you can turn down loot to avoid that? My set on loot is 75%. Will see. And ropes?, finding these ropes all the time? Have to be important somehow, lol! Tying stuff together? But again, it works if you playing it more like a sub-survival and as a war simulator. Even the 0.1% zombies makes it. They popping up here and there like a remainder to you to pay attention. Filling a purpose both visually and gameplay wise. Giving it a wider touch to the ongoings.

The sqf. files i took out makes it way more stable and smooth and random. Have crossed small villages with no activity at all. Just one or two zeds. Then they comes in droves in the "next" town. So it works in a random way now. Not clashing every five minutes like before. This is important, the spawns was not random at all before i made my changes to the sqf.s. And i've actually heard one helicopter one time after picking out it's spawn file? Don't know about that, but why not. If it spawns one or two every 5 hours i can live with that. And no missions in this mod. I also like that. Not the same as the other mods.

I'm gonna try to put these sqf. files into an ongoing game to see if you can change settings as you please from play section to play section. If you want a more action oriented sitting this time or not. Think you can do that on the fly without restarting the whole game. Ain't feel the need to it, but by curiosity to see if it works. Then you can do that to similar mods if you want to.

And you can drag and lock stuff like in LD.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
How it grows! Every little step shouts civil war instead of zombie apocalypse here. Car patrols are common. I found a nice spot to put my first sporadic made camp on. A ruined stone house in the tree line next to a field. Stole a truck from a dude that happened to parking near to my location. It had some nice loot in it. Took it back to my camp, fixed with storage and hid the truck. Then i planted some (sunny seeds). And yup! Got myself a lovely sunflower to the right of my doorstep. Damn this turned out to be something else. One real oddball this mod. And a few things that follows my setting. You don't hear the zeds moaning all the time obviously. Dead silence if there is no activity happens, love that. Nothing you getting in mind before you done it. Had point that out. Everything i took out adding more thrill. Giving it a more serious tone to it kind of. The AIs often walks indoors for no reason as i said before. But that feeling you get when you hearing footsteps on the first floor. Uhhhjjy! Like your first hours in DayZ certainly. Can't wait for the night, creeping around in cities on toes. And the background music is from Stalker, Origins and this has the best background sounds.

The mod is built on Zero, Epoch, Origins and DZAI2 Base: DayZ SP Plus 0.3.3 and DayZ 1.7.7.1. Did also see an addon that said City Life RPG. Never seen that add in any DayZ mod this far. Maybe it adds some rpg element worth while? Hope so.

And yep! Helicopters appear every five hours or so, without the sqf. spawn file in the game. Perhaps the sqf. files are scripts to an elsewise unscripeted event? Or there is more tools handling the "same" tasks in the game? Anyways i'm good with it.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Yep! It is somehow a rpg element in this mod. You getting those "Greeting" options when you are close enough to an AI. I ran into a ghillie-guy on the second floor in a hospital. He scared the shit out of me appearing behind a door. I blindfired him an wounded him when the option came up on the screen. I said hello. And he answered, "No time!" Lol! So you can chit-chat with AIs. How deep it goes? Have to see about that next time i'm getting the opportunity.

Night play is a must. Just wow! It's great. But one downside i noticed is the loot. It is a nasty delay on some loot. Common stuff like toilet paper, food, drink (Water bottles), guns is there on the spot. But more "rare" stuff can take over 5 minutes to spawn in. I went from a construction site to the hospital i told about. Went back there after 10-15 min, and there was the loot. So you have to double check point of interests and not rush it. Else you ending up finding the same and the same all the time. Maybe you have to go away from the building you're looting and then come back looting it one more time? To bad. Don't think it's due to 75% loot because it spawned in after that time. Maybe it is. Try it with higher loot if you wish, maybe that solves it? Else, time. Some new lighting on a few buildings here and there. And i really enjoying be a gardener. Coolest add.

All and all this mod is a real nice one. I'm clearly happy that i picked this one up. Certainly gonna spend time in this.

Coming back on the rpg thing later. Meanwhile i think i got my view on this out. Have a good day!

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Just an mini update on this. A bit late, but anyways. The rpg elements seem to only be related to male gender. Haven't seen any female clothing in this. I think the type of clothes you wearing making an impact on the peeps you confronts ahead. Like Fallout - New Vegas in away. Like you somehow can pick and choose sides in a way. Can't tell for sure, but i think that's how it works. That's the rpg element in this mod i guess. That "Greeting!" option looks like it just adding the normal conversations that Arma offers, maybe you have to meet the right faction member to launch this option? Have to see about that. This is not the "invite" option, it's an another feature. You also have the "invite" option in this mod. The rpg thing is something else.

On the delay on loot. Not that bad as i first thought. Sometimes it has a delay but it spawns in as it should most of the time. No probs. on that. And the loot in this mod is also pretty rich and varying. You find all kind of odd crates etc. Like that a lot. Think the construction/crafting in this also is unique to this mod. And sure up to snuff with the "heavy" ones in LotD and LD. Great.

The major reason i'm playing this now is the amazing AI-handling. The behavior is by a long shot the best i've seen this far. They acting like real players more or less. I've have seen AIs making decisions to flee when they getting they are outnumbered. A female bandit was attacking me, i replied her fire, she fled into a pub. Never saw her again. Others have flaked me. Fled, then coming back after 15-20 min to search after me. The IAs is the best in this mod, no questions on that. This and Origins, hands down the best i've seen. Origins is the most random one, this one has the best behavior on the AIs. And as i said, they appear everywhere, indoors, second floor, third floor, no matter what. If they spotting you inside a building they going in. Combating each other and zeds (0% zeds is an option). Just yippie!

As a mix between DayZ and Wasteland (semi-survival, civil war mod) this one is on top. A bit softer on things to "find" and things to "do". A less grindy DayZ with the focus on other players summarizing it well.

Don't miss it!

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
How can one tell. I actually think the AI programing affects the loot in some manor. If I'm not mistaken me i think if/when the AIs entering a building the loot is vanished or decreased to a level. Maybe that's why sometimes you passing some empty or less loot buildings. The next to it having droves of stuff? How cool if it is how it works. I'm serious about this. Sometimes it is a delay, but i think it is an another layer to it. Damn cool this. The mod is just 3GB and somehow adding "more" than LotD and LD, lol! Not just the size obviously. It mater what you putting in to it. Here's player for you, even looting as we do?

If i can confirm it more surely and not only suspect this is the case I am back on this later. But I'm getting a strange feeling about this, can certainly be the case.