DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

benevolentdevil
DayZNovaMeh44 gotten off Klaycuss' site ...

 It's fairly interesting.
Part of the action menu is in russian at times, and so is the starting config where you pick time of day, how much loot, how fast zombies are ... ect.

 I'm not too sure how the base-building/constriction works yet.  I found quite a few "blueprints" , but I hadn't tried using any yet.   I think it's akin to origins and vanilla dayz building types ...
 I could be wrong, dunno hadn't tried it yet.

 making a camp fire is back to the way it should be, easy ... just wood+ matches.

 I hadn't found a toolbox yet ...
Radio "0-0" menu is entirely russian, I have no idea what any of em say, but the last option is the epeen monitor.
Not sure why, but there was a mixed Ai group when I first spawned in ... they ran up in a UAZ , stopped while I was looting a apartment building, started shooting at me when I looked over the balcony ...
 I'm a fairly good shot ... and this group almost killed me ... I only had a pistol, and I think the sights were off ... I recovered enough , bandaged and then I killed them all ...

 I've had a friendly group of AI follow me a few places, a survivor and a fox-trot1 "soldier" , I can't recruit em because I don't know which russian command that is ... They seem to be traveling same places i am though.

 Zombie behavior ... some of these stay inside buildings, scared the crap out of me, went in a barn, one was crouched behind the crates under the stairs.  Others seem to be typical zombies, though there's a few slight different skins, even female zombies.

 One interesting point I noticed, even though it's in russian, ... you can move objects, even load them into vehicles just like the wasteland mission scripts.
 Some extra stuff, like you can forage for mushrooms, and I assume you can plant seeds in the mission to ... I couldn't seem to do anything with the mushrooms though.

 I forgot how big NAPF was , and I honestly do not remember it all.  I found where the dam was, and one of the spots, where they had a trader in epoch napf ... ( just houses in this one though.)
Nice change of scenery getting away from Chernarus for a while.

So far, it's a bit simpler than LoD ... but I like it so far.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

benevolentdevil
 I'm fairly sure much of the "construction" is crafting and placing standard arma2 assets , like sandbag walls , the netted towers ...
 I've not yet figured out the blueprints yet though.  Hadn't tried.
 It's difficult to know what you need ... because the hint that pops up just says : " you failed to make ____ "

It offers no hint on what material is needed next.

 But, I only played enough to get moderately geared.  Loot wasn't hard to find.
The UAZ I took either got stolen , or despawned. I'm guessing despawned.   Meh ... I earned it fair as square from that original attacking AI group, but oh well.
 I did find an off-road truck , but it needs everything repaired ... and like I said, I hadn't found  a toolbox yet, don't even know if I need one or not.
 I'm not familiar enough with NAPF to know exactly where to look for toolboxes, none of the industrial I've came across has had any yet.
 I don't care much to find that truck again , nor fix it up specifically ... I'm trying to keep my eyes out for other vehicles though.

 Napf is a huge map ( I love that!) ... I have just forgotten where all the "important places" are ... I might go looking for the castle in the center , see if anything or anyone is there... , I don't expect to find anything though.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Sounds really cool. Like the "move objects", same in LD. Maybe you need to "lock" the "objects", even cars, tent, stashes etc. in this mod. I can lock and unlock moveable objects in LD. Check that out next time.

And forgot to tell that you can pick/switch dead AIs clothes in LD if you want. Not seen that in the other DayZ SPs or DaiZys before. Keep us updated! Like what i hear so far.

And Napf is a really cool map, agree on that. One bad thing in Taviana is that the mountain areas is so blend and dull. Napf has more effort made to these areas. More terrain and structure to it. Not just a hill with nothing to it. Maybe just a bit to open on the countryside, little lacking on woods. But overall one of the best maps.

Nope!  Did spawn in some thin areas that's all. Just good balance on woodlands, similar to Cherno in some places. Really nice map Napf.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote

Forgot. The "plant seeds" have to be one of the more interesting features i've heard about in days. Keep us updated on that. If we can grow croft etc. That have to be a deal breaker if so. Can't imagine how more "building a communityish" it can be. Invite for dinner to your fellow friendlies. Somehow be subsistence on food over time. Imagine to build a base near a lake, crofting your own food. Then if we could make "loot once" spawn permanent. Think it respawn at the time you set in the player menu. I would love to see loot spawn only one time ever. How cool!That and some vehicles with some repairs in em and statics you could break down for materials that respawned on a timer. Otherwise you have to steal it from AIs or create it from the environment.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

benevolentdevil
I hadn't tried planting anything yet ...

 If you could only loot once, I could see growing some food crops being useful.
So eventually , you'd be having to hunt animals , and growing your own food for long term survival.

 It's a nice concept ... but kind of redundant in single player I think.   Maybe more for just what you want to do, ... I don't know yet.

 So far, most of it plays like any dayz single player ... common along the lines/fashion of the Russian made ones.  Bandits, other Ai, and" hunters" ( I assume if you cause enough trouble for a faction, they start "hunting you down". )

 Seems AI are a bit more in larger towns ... vehicle patrols and air patrols more there, than in other areas.
 Zombies behave like zombies/infected from original dayz set ... nothing too special except some lurk inside buildings until you aggro them. Not many , just some.

 NovaMeh44 mod, seems like average dayz single player, with just a few extras tossed in so far.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

benevolentdevil
Further testing/playing of this mod has to wait ...

I've been distracted by fixing another mod's scripts so it works now,  which kicks open some doors previously closed to me for making "survival based missions". ...

will return to this, later on probably.