DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

123

DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Chernarus with modded map option. Playing as males, with big variations on skins what i can tell. New skins that i haven't seen in DayZ before. Now I'm a bit bald in a tech vest and some head phones. Cool. Player menu (Russian) so you can do settings on AIs, loot, Zeds etc. Just like LD, LotD, Origins etc. The same so the language don't matter. You can tell. Learn Origins menu and you're good to go.

Ten min in the game, so I'm coming back and forth on my impressions.

And the Zeds looks like to  be really competitive, both male and female ones. Looks like they've got random pattern, like spawning indoors etc. Can be a good alternative instead for online DayZ. If you like Vanilla this can be the shit offline.

Later.

Link to Separatist 3.0 in Origins SP Lite 0.1 thread.

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
Yup!Feels very survivalish this one. Giving it more time until next time.

M xmas again all. See u.

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Had to make one more before i went in xmasing. I only launched the mod once. Not two times, like first the separatist mod, then after restarting the game, you have to activate the dayz mod that now appears in expansions.

Sorry for the misleading. If you only activating it one time you getting a pretty "Vanilla" like experience. Less of everything. Not sure the game is working correctly tho. The AIs is showing up in your stats "player menu", but there's no action. After activate it twice it were action in 5 min. Maybe it works anyways, if so? That's great. But i wouldn't take a chance on that.

Just pick a very low loot percentage. And a high Zed percentage. That's the closest to vanilla.

It's very similar to Nova44 this mod. So sorry, my bad. M xmass!

Play Oliv82s Chernarus 1987 or his Namalsk Factions if you wan't a survival, vanilla game experience instead. Not this one.

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
If you are putting -20 AIs, you getting like 50-60 AIs more or less. So do the math. I've got -20, 20% friendly. Gives me 48 bandits and 12 friendly now, looks likely like that testing it before as well. 20% loot makes it very hard to find food, drink etc. All loot are rare, but ill find ammo, tools and so. Rear but it is there. 75% Zeds with 30% runners balancing it really good. Hard but not impossible. The AI setting seem to be different from Nova44. No constant present. Have heard a few, but not seen any yet. Thought it was like Nova44 that when you came to a town or a village they instantly spawned in. But nope. Think this is way more random spawns and wider. All over the map, not just to specific areas. Have not had the need to mix with the (mission) file. Don't need to take something out. You will see if there is some activity. Pick F1, Reply, Radio, last line (CoctoRHNe). Then you can count everything from amount of members in the different factions, bodies etc. So it works. They just not popping up in your face all the time like in Nova44. You have to find them.

Have to see about this. Think maybe it maybe can compete as a Vanilla substitute after all. The strength with this mod is that you can make changes to the game. Like the Zeds. You can't change that in a easy way in Chernarus 1987 Factions or Namalsk Factions. But you will have like new cars randomly. And more advanced base building with "Epochish" style and materials. So it is not Vanilla. But certainly has the feel of it.

You choose. I like it so far. Way softer than Nova44.

And skip the modded 3.0 map option. A very lazy attempt for a map.

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
You know what! You can actually run it on 10% loot. Lol! With benefits. Yep. I felt that i actually found a bit to much stuff with 20 or 30% before. I roaming in the main towns now of course. Not likely like that's the case on the country side. But now going from house to house on 10%. More or less empty. A Makarov mag, and an empty can. A tank trap kit and so on. Then nothing for 15 min or so. Then in one of those common little inventory, storage rooms (buildings) i found a "Stori Box". Nothing, then a bear trap, a car wheel, 8 sandbags, 2 tank trap kits, 2 wire fencing kits in a box. The best from two worlds. You can't tell about anything in this one. So you can make it really interesting with the settings as low as 10% on that. Lol! Think this gonna be good.

Just clean your saved missions in documents/ArmA 2 Other Profiles. Throw the whole (saved) folder away. Think sometimes settings and changes in the game "slipping" over or not being applied correct. Maybe your changes not been accepted or been recorded. Just to make sure. Then start a new game.

Now I'm done for. Having some whiskey. Always drinking amounts and eating like this on our Christmas holiday. See u next year peepz.

And the AIs works just as they should by the way.

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
[...]

Had to make an update on my second part in my post above here to be clear. To you newcomers to Arma and DayZ. When i play Arma/DayZ i always creating a specific character for that specific mod. I got plenty of users in my (Player profile) in the Main menu. So i meant that you throwing out that save folder if you restarted an already existing game many times. Not resumed, restarted. Think things can be messed up if you changing to much in your player menu when restarting the game often. Just a thought that that can be the case. And sometimes i think it is. Keep your mods apart.

If you having all modes and mods on the same (user) in documents. Do not delete the whole save folder! Instead. Pick the very map/mod save file out and delete that one only. Then you got that mod cleaned up. Otherwise you loosing all your saves, for every mod you have installed. Not recommended.

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Yep. Update on the map options. Normal or 3.0. This mod is very similar in many ways to DayZ-NovaMeh44 "Nova44" as you can read about in (benevolentdevils) thread in General chats about DaiZy and its variants. Only one big different thing in this mod. The AIs working like normal DayZ in this, not spawning in cluster to your specific location (Nova44). Not sure about the (moving objects) yet (Nova44). You can move in game objects in that one, normally fixed ones. Not built or constructed objects by you (also). Map objects like concrete barriers etc. Think you need tools to make that happen tho. Not sure, but a tool box should make sense. Didn't paying attention to that when i last played it. If i can do that i will tell you that in the next update.

But we got seeds for plants and same kind of loot here. Think it is the same guys doing these mods. The major thing is, and why i updating my impressions are due to the map 3.0. It not only has more buildings (extended) everywhere. Many times they are misplaced in a utterly bad way. It actually breaking the emotion so bad that i can't play the game that way whatsoever. It totally ruins it. Saw places with 3-4 buildings, really small "villages" with hospital, fire station, grocery store. All over the place. Sheds every 300 meters on the coast line. And they often stands downhill or uphill in a 10% inclination. They can really appear in almost all terrain. Uffff? And even worse is that all that extra stuff like brand new cars (no DayZ cars, new, and light tanks, air etc.) fully functional and filled up spawning in every corner. That may work in Nova44 if you want to play the mod as a Wasteland style mod (buildings in 3.0 in Nova44 don't seems as bad there as it does here, maybe because Napf is flatter than Chernarus, noticed it but only sporadically). But not in DayZ. Especially not in a Vanilla clone.

Don't waste time in map 3.0 select the standard map.

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

[...]

But we got seeds for plants and same kind of loot here. Think it is the same guys doing these mods. The major thing is, and why i updating my impressions are due to the map 3.0. It not only has more buildings (extended) everywhere. Many times they are misplaced in a utterly bad way. It actually breaking the emotion so bad that i can't play the game that way whatsoever. It totally ruin it. Saw places with 3-4 buildings, really small "villages" with hospital, fire station, grocery store. All over the place. Sheds every 300 meters on the coast line. And they often stands downhill or uphill in a 10% inclination. They can really appear in almost all terrain. Uffff? And even worse is that all that extra stuff like brand new cars (no DayZ cars, new, and light tanks, air etc.) fully functional and filled up spawning in every corner. That may work in Nova44 if you want to play the mod as a Wasteland style mod (buildings in 3.0 in Nova44 don't seems as bad there as it does here, maybe because Napf is flatter than Chernarus, noticed it but only sporadically). But not in DayZ. Especially not in a Vanilla clone.

Don't waste time in map 3.0 select the standard map.
Just run it as i described it in my posts above and you'll be fine. The important thing is the 10% loot. Loving it! Making all the difference. You can actually starve to death now. Or thirst to death if you're unlucky. And since you only got 2 slots for primary (rifle, backpack, melee) the old school way. You can't just flip your hatchet out like that. That combined with that it can take you hours to find any weapons at all makes it in a big way.

And set loot to (only once). Restart the server/game on 12 hours. Hopefully do this feature work. If it does you kind of have to move over the map if you wanna survive.

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

Beast
hey so i start the mission and its in russian, i cant understand how to set it up because all the words are in russian and i havent played origins so idk what settings are what, can you help please

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Beast wrote
hey so i start the mission and its in russian, i cant understand how to set it up because all the words are in russian and i havent played origins so idk what settings are what, can you help please
Hi. From top to bottom in the player menu that appears starting the game. Line 1, time of day, afternoon on default. Line 2, type of "weather" environmental effects (i think). Line 3, number of AIs. To the right, how many friendly. Line 4, not sure, maybe strength on AIs. Line 5, AIs gear, normal or military. Line 6, how much loot. To the right, respawn or (only once). Second line is the (only once) option. Line 7, resetting/restarting the server/game, 12 hours on default. Line 8, amount of zombies. To the right, if you want them act on AIs, line one not acting on AIs (recommended by devs.) ( Note: acting works pretty good in Nova44). Line 9, if you want zombies to be more hostile during night on the second line. Line 10, how many fast/running zombies you want. Line 11, map option. Line 12, player class/skin.

I'm only changing Line 3, 6, 8, 10. The rest runs on default. Hope this is helping you out.

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Yep! The level of planing you need to put in this mod on the settings I'm running it at now is challenging to say at least. No decent weapon in 5 hours or so. Have go back to Cherno in need to boil my water. Only found one water bottle in this time. But Cherno also got some patrolling AIs i saw the last time i went there. One guy shot me but i manage to escape. Now i have to go back because I'm not having matches or wood. Sneaked in to the construction site building at the east side of town. Did see that the barrel on the first floor was on fire when i passing by hours before.

Had no luck at Balota airfield so i have to go east further instead. From my spawning point next north east from Cherno, from Cherno to Balota and back have taken me around 5 hours. Lol! This is how this mod plays now. Survival strait through. Really like it so far.

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
And the AIs are going into buildings! Yes! One of the best features from Nova44. Now they can follow you indoors, appear indoors, or just happen to passing through "your" house. Nice.

This have to be my impression on this mod. Think you wanna try this out if you want the feel of Vanilla in a survival like offline mod on the right settings. The reason i picked this one myself is the map Chernarus with the player menu. The lackluster build and construction options here. Compared to the big "all including" ones like Origins, Land of the Dead and Last Days. Maybe a bit to many AIs. But I'm playing on a "full" server (40+12 AIs right now) so it make sense. The map environment overall also feels very Vanilla like. No cars patrols, no helicopters bypassing all the time. Seen one helicopter so far. Have no map yet but i think there's no missions here either. In my opinion the second best Vanilla so far. And you can tweak it to a maybe even better survival mod if you want i think. You can't loose all of course (on save) like you can online but you will be short on something more or less all the time. Recommended.

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Just as a little tip before i moving on. Then you do gain some gear over the time you playing and you may wanna slow down that process even more. To making it online like on dying as well. Making it really hard. If you have the settings on (unlimited saves) only save on a pitched tent. Or the softer way, tents and vehicles sitting in the back seat. You can save your progress due to base building etc. But only under certain prerequisites. Pretend that general places are too filthy for your presence or something. Then if you happen to find a tent you have to make a choice, keep it and manage to save. Or pitch it (leave it) and save your valuable gear. Now you need to return if you want to save again. This is how I'm playing it from now on. No save or one save is a bit to much for my taste. Can't be more nastier than this.

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

[...]
I am leaving one save the first thing i do when i loaded in the game the first time on new game. If/when i die i don't need to start a whole new game this way. Only revert that save.

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This have to be it. Now I'm really done for.This has to be all i have to say on this topic.

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Nope! Not done yet. Did see that the game has lit houses. Yup. Nothing good without it's evil. There's a file called (TPW Houselights 1.09) hidden somewhere in the mod. You can't just pull it out what i can see. No pbo. file or something like that. Not good.

But the old Chernarus map (standard) saves it a bit then the map has to be one of the oldest versions in A2. With the most closed building environment of all. The map with lesser open buildings. The lights is only added to open buildings. Kind of a bummer this shit. Ruins the Vanilla feel a lot. If anyone knows how to turn the light off your welcome to tell us how. Still playing it, but it sure breaking it in a way. The Vanilla feel is out the window now. That's the half game in "survival" DayZ. No lights except yours and AIs. Have to play through a night before i decides if this works. Damn i should remember this when the Nova44 has the exactly same feature on houselights. When i did see it i did remember that. It could be without it as some features from Nova44 not looks to be here but still.

Not the creators fault by any means. He or she didn't do any specific Vanilla or Survival type of mod. Just a regular DayZ SP. But still, the thing is that this mod was fitting it so well until now.The only setting that's missing. A dark night. A dead night like the dead day.

Just as you know that.

Really hope the countryside is "dark", maybe towns with AIs "living" there can be lit here and there, ok. And due to the map construction, if not every opened building is on it can still work. And you can make light yourself with a portable generator, so. Maybe. But really don't like that i will have "guidelines" from now on. This sucks.Gamma down to 1.0 at 8 pm.

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

[...]

True. But this mod is irresistible now. Everything i mentioned, talking for this mod as a Vanilla clone and the survival style to it is more so. Haven't told about the blueprints yet. Reminding me much of the (manuals) in Vanilla. Very the same. Think the basis structure to object and base building is someway between Vanilla and Origins/Epoch. More so to Vanilla. More complex than Vanilla but in the same fashion it feels like.

But the reason i will play this for a long while now is due to my settings once again. Can't believe how this mod turns around now. Every 30 minutes i have to reevaluate my decisions. Actually a bit, because big towns looks to be a bit heavy on AIs. Normally i don't like that kind of script. But here it works better than it would the opposite way. Still random spawns, sometimes a few, sometimes more. Sometimes one. Sometimes "guarding" the location, sometimes moving out from or moving in to, and back and forth. Behaves really good.

The shit to this is. The less loot and no saving. On the less loot i turning into scenarios i normally experiencing twice in 24 hours or so more or less constant. No ammo in shootouts, starving, zeds coming closer your corner lacking protection. Fleeing while bleeding finding a Makarov. Happen to have one mag for it. No room without backpack in 7 hours, and so on and so on. If you can't save under these circumstances you will be attentive and on your toes for real. I can tell you that.

So even if the (houselights) turning down the thrill at night a bit i will play this gladly forwards.

Game Options/Difficulty/Veteran/Unlimited saves on Enabled. Then save only on pitching tent (storage) maybe also on storage and sitting in vehicles. Sitting in = your safe. Tent = temporary base/camp. The thought is, you keep that you store. And even if you keeping the stuff you carry unto you after save you gonna loose the stuff you find after that save if you die before next save anyway. A proper middle way on that. Your save spots have to be fixed. If you save on vehicles you can't use em. Make a rule to empty them first. No save on rolling wheels.

Certainly the gamma 1.0 at late noon has to make it here. I'm not leaving.

Edit: Updating on a very important feature if you consider playing with only saving on tent (storage). It turns out that various storage boxes you will find works as tents also. Pitch it and save your gear. Then "Pack Tent" if you wanna move it. A no-brainer to play it with only save on tent/storage now. Can't beat it in another way.

Edit 2: And yup! Played through more or less a full night now. And i have to say that the (Houselights) i complained about before is a bit of a miss. A mixed bag, some buildings that are open don't gain the lit. Haven't seen pubs or apartments etc. having lights on yet. But on the other hand some buildings is. In some cases it actually isn't that bad. Looking right somehow. In factory areas for instance. Kind of natural feel even in this fall. Or train stations and gas stations. Bit a few houses it will annoy you a bit. And around em. Light bleeding out from the roof or popping a bit bright. Mixed on that. The (gamma on 1.0) actually works pretty well (not run that setting by the way), but within 100 meters you will notice the light. Would be way better without lights on surely. But it sure isn't breaking the game neither to be fair. Only a very few buildings that fails.

And yes, i just starved to death right now. Lol. I told you so. Check the update time on this edition. Lmao. Unreal. Lol.

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
And as a closing chapter on this introduction. I have to say, more in detail over loot and AIs one last time. Everything from loot to AIs appearance is random and unpredictable. As the zombies. Acting very good. And on your settings as they should. AIs are more likely to show up in "hot areas", but not all the time. The variation can be quite wide on that. The loot also varying. Very so, almost never seen the same type of loot two times in a row. The loot also varying in value loot and not so much, in a good way, balanced. You can be as lucky as you can be unlucky on loot. Totally random. Don't be worried that you getting the same type of loot over and over because you ain't turned the full 100% on. Not the case here at all. My first tool on this play style is an Entrenching Tool (E-tool). One of the rarest and most important tool in Vanilla. If you using your imagination and being strategic playing. You surely can make this working. It will be hard but it plays. Somehow a solution comes up as often as an obstacle. The lesser loot is not unbalancing anything here. Only making the game harder. Done.

Strongly recommend you to try this mod this way. That's all. B-bye.

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
And before i leave, happy new year peeps!B-bye. A Separatist 3.0 year. With happy new fun.

Re: DayZ SP Separatist 3.0

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
And before i leave, happy new year peeps!B-bye. A Separatist 3.0 year. With happy new fun.
Sorry for the miss on the link to the mod itself. Couldn't figure out how to put it in here. Or give a understandable and easy link to the host website. I think it is (vk.com/dayz_rus). But if you open the last reply/quote from me to Klaycus5555 in the Origins SP Lite 0.1 thread you have it there. Totally forgot about this. Link to Separatist 3.0 in Origins SP Lite 0.1 thread.
123