DayZ - Land of the Dead

12

DayZ - Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Had to open a thread on this one. If you thought that "Origins dlc" was a big and rich mod this is beyond that by far. Notification; This is my first impression of the mod!

To start. This one is a strange one not like the common DayZ at all. The zombies in this acting in a totally own fashion. Everyone (most) of em gonna hunt you if they been to "annoyed" by you. If you shooting in towns for a instance you gonna have a living hell, stealth is the way to go here. Runners almost never give up, they also acting on you if you been to careless. But they can run in to a house for no reason so you better watch it. The zombies also runs in buildings, not walking slowly like ordinary ones. Some of them "standing" around on a spot, like if they just chilling or something. Don´t let that fool you though, if they spotting you, run! The zombies in this are different but really nice. Think i like em better than the normal ones. Or it is nice with a change to them. Working really well. Only headshots to kill zombies in this.

This is important when you first  starting the game. Your settings in this is really important.

The amount of numbers of zombies can kill the game (being impossible). Sett the zombies to 50 or 25. And the fast ones to 10 - 20%, otherwise you gonna be out of luck visiting towns etc. It gonna be to hard to do that. It´s not percent (%) to how many zombies it spawns in this. It is how many zombies there is in the area at the moment in person.

Turn disease off. I went sick by no reason after 20 minutes every time i played with that on. Strange feature? I´m putting "No zombie spawns in fields" on. No wild dogs on. Ai protected bases on.

My list: -20 AIs, 30% friendly, 100% loot once, 25 zombies, 10% fast, modified map, normal weather, no deceases, 20 cars, 20 tents, no wild dogs, no zombie spawn in fields, AI protected bases.

The "Domination" mod setting on communication is a half truth. It´s similar on the way of handle it, but it´s not coming up text on the screen all the time. You get a message from now and then. Think it is the classic Epoch stuff happening in the mod just presented in this way instead of the MP/online way of doing it. But sure in russian though. I´ve got a "PDA" in my inventory, think that´s how you communicate in the game. Have to figure out how to use it and learn russian, lol!

The loot in this is overwhelming. Lumber pack, a pack with 10 pallets, a pack of 6 bottles of water, different kind of water bottles and fire tools, parts to all kind of tools like screwdrivers etc., fuel barrel (210 L), grindstone to sharp your hatchet, hunting knife, machete up, canvas. If the Origin mod went from 1 to a hundred on loot this one is more of a thousand, lol! Amazing on loot. Think this is an Epoch (Epoch is in the files) and much more. Here´s layers, plenty of it.

The mod runs like a champ on my PC. At least 60 fps. Having it on 1200 field of view, texture etc. on normal. Never being able to go over low in other mods. This runs the best ever for me. The biggest mod with the most content and the most complex engine (it seems) running the easiest? Lol! Thank you very much for that then!

Don´t think you have to get the "map-pack" to the mod to run it. You only using that on the "AEG" mission version. But if you like to swap maps you got almost every map to A2 in that package.

Coming back on this mod when i playing it a bit more. Getting the feeling that this is something great.

And why being surprised by that, lol! It is the same SanFan that did Origins Lite so. Such a skilled modder this SanFan have to be.

Thank you Klaycus for the links to you and your buddies sites again. Awesome! Those guys? SanFan and SEA-CAT? Man! Such skilled modders.

And turn the "disease" off in your player menu!

Edit: Playing it on Chernarus map. Heavy modified Chernarus.

And the zombies on difficulty? They are hard if you acting like a moron. The sensitivity is well balanced in this. Maybe the best i´ve seen yet. Act wisely!

Now i´m gonna try to find an AI-base and see how the AIs acting in this version.

And light bubbles (loot), lol! Electronics you can use. The same in Origins dlc-version. Found a generator in that one that you can use.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
From the video , it looks more like the "older" undead mod zombies, they way they "walk" all herky-jerky ( which in my opinion is better than dayz infected behavior. )

 a few guys back before DayZ made mods like "undead mod" , Infection mod, Dynamic Zombie Mission ...
one guy, even could turn units into "zombies" by script ... no "mod/addon" needed.  ( In fact i think arma2 DZM is 100% just a mission, no mods at all. )

 When you said "runners" could run inside buildings , that too really seems like the older "zombies/infected" from undead mods and the like.
  The old mods ... heh, zombies/infected could glitch right through walls, buildings, ... only a few items like wire fences, tank traps, and cars could "block them" , so you might think your safe, only to get a runner go through the side of a house and claw you on your flank or behind.
 But they all ran inside too ... the ones that ran anyways.

Maybe it's the "old style" just re-skinned?  Those would take up less cpu/processor to run, compared to dayz infected.

 It sounds like a good mod to try.
I do with arma2 had auto-translation in though.

"PDAs" were common in "Russian based videogames" as means of storing information, and communication ... Stalker and Metro series PDAs were used as such.

I've lost the link to it though, it's somewhere backlogged in Origins discussion I think ... but I scanned through, didn't see it again.

I've lost the link to it though, it's somewhere backlogged in Origins discussion I think ... but I scanned through, didn't see it again.
The link is on the second page in my thread on Origins SP. Check Klaycus respond to 000000s post there. It´s still there. The main one and the map-pack to it.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
I seen it after you reposted it ;) , but thank you.

I'm gonna wait to try it to be honest, 7gb is quite a bit to download on my crappy internet

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Update

Zombies seems to be mixed on killing not only headshots to kill like i said before.

The sounds in the mod are different. The rain is so good, like real rain almost. You walking sounds is way better (or richer if you will) etc. If you happen to run while doing the "step over" maneuver you doing a "air head roll flip!, lol! Nicely animation as well, lol! It´s not raining on you if you got "roof" over you. Even tree crowns stops the rain from reaching you.

Don´t go crouch while doing the "step over" you can/will get stucked by doing that, same in Origins. You have to revers a save on that.

In my tool belt right now. Nippers, hammer, hand pump, adjustable wrench, pickaxe, empty toolbox.

The empty toolbox needs to be filled up with tools, lol! Clicking it says "To lay down tools" to it. Used items like bandage remains a empty package, showing a text "empty packaging" with a cross over it. Seen a lot of broken items. Like a broken flashlight etc. Empty lighters. Found a blunt knife. Lucky me having the grindstone to sharpen it up with. Other way the knife would not be usable, same as broken. A complex game wouldn´t you say? This just a few hours in to it.

benevolentdevil: Yep! A big file 7GB. And the map-pack is on 5GB so it is a bit large. You have to take a day off to do it, lol! Noticed that if you cancel a slow download you can be lucky to pick a "high speed" peak from the server. If you do that you probably gonna keep it the whole download time. Test it by dropping it, re-download, repeat until you get the fastest speed.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
yeah ...

I like those zombies ...  the items and system are a tad overly complex.  It is a huge GB drain , the map ( cherno) has loads of added in areas ... lots of buildings too.

 My fps didn't run very well, the fog ... meh, and  had everything low as possible.  I was getting 8-10 fps in open areas, 5-6 in populated places.

 I don't know ... it has alot of features I like , but again ... quite a bit I don't care much for either.

 But, I might just be getting bored with dayz again ... I dunno.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
Aha! So u got it, cool! Fog? You can choose ordinary weather, like normal DayZ weather system. Don´t know what it calls, like "Standard Weather" or something? But you can check that yourself in your player menu. Not playing right now. Think you got "Intensified" weather on now.

You saying you getting below 10 fps? What computer are you using? Like a Playstation 2 standard? That sounds just horrible. Have to be honest haven´t been in Cherno, Berezino or Electro yet. But the villages (expanded) is pretty big. And no fps drops whatsoever. Like Stary Sobor in the north/middle of the map, the place everyone are camping at all the time. There i´m running it the same as i told you before. You have to switch your computer to an another one. Check flea markets, community sales or welfare second hands. You can find a decent PC there for 50 bucks or less. Mine is one like these, 30$ for it and a graphic card for 100$ (price on the card new), good to go.

GB drain? The ram used? Like the limit you always over pass in your editor? The 144 unit limit? Think it is max 144 units per side.

Feeling a bit silly now. You don´t like it. Hope you can do something with the maps then. Like the things your doing in Origins.

Maybe you just need to take a break from DayZ for awhile? Then give it a try later.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
 Yeah, a small break from dayz ... I did not see the weather option , will try that later.

 Don't get me wrong ... I love how the zombies behave in this one ... it's more like what zombies should be.

 My son got a gaming computer for his birthday , I'm so jealous ... got it for a good price.  But at least I know, I can get something probably around christmas or income tax time to "upgrade" ...

 I fear my issue is this laptop ... it's got the quad-core processor thing, and I know arma2 doesn't use it right or efficiently.

 Some of the tools , I found to be a bit too complex ... but only got to explore a small portion of collecting.
I was finding more epoch style building parts , than what I needed for usual ... like hatchet, which might be spawning elsewhere other than industrial in this mod, I don't know.

 I got shot down by a "hero" AI ... and I don't know why.  She ignored me for a few minutes, I passed on by, and then she open fired on me.

 I'll take a small break, then give this mod a good go of it later on ... I'll restart so I can change that weather parameter.

 I've been looking at too much DayZ of late I think ...  trying to see how to "update" our DaiZY code to 1.9.0 ( or latest dayZ download, not sure what it is now) ...
 1.9.0 added back in base building, has zero buildings and more open buildings , and other minor changes.
  But, they complicated the dayz code/mod to the point where one pbo is dependent on something in another pbo ... trying to track all that down is near impossible if you aren't a bis engine coding expert ( and I am not by far ) ...  as I can't even seem to take DaiZY "survival" , random loot spawns, and UI/GUI and apply it to my Stalker idea ... so it's way beyond my capability.

 Yesterday while waiting for LOD to download ... I tried Arma3 and some semi-working sp "survival" mods ...
 well ...  I'm not exactly impressed.
TO be honest Standalone DayZ kinda has Arma3 beat from what I experienced, and I really do not like standalone.  The SP in standalone is very boring, and the MP portion is still very boring even having a few people to shoot at.

 The best by far is still Arma2 mods for DayZ and it's like ... the bad issue is, no one that has the talent to do things with arma2 is working on arma2 mods anymore.
 well, the Epoch, Origins ( somewhat) they have a standalone they are working on now are still developing content... but all that's strictly multi-player.

 well, the Epoch, Origins ( somewhat) they have a standalone they are working on now are still developing content... but all that's strictly multi-player.
Yep! And i forgot to tell that you can choose the "classic map" also, no extra terrain or buildings. Normal weather and classic map. And those multi core cpus? Heard that all the time in DayZ online, so low fps, so laggy etc. Mine ran ok on the same server but not for them? Think the game is built on dual core maybe. Like it´s only using 4gb of ram. And it´s not demanding on the gpu. So who knows maybe my PC shall run A2 better that yours then?

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
I like the extended maps way better ...

 More buildings to explore, is better in my opninion.

Yeah, most my issues stem from
1- It's a laptop , not really a "gaming laptop" , I got a decent graphic  card in mine , but it's just shy of being "desktop" good in quality.
2- Quad core Processors ... Arma2 was built off dual core processor in mind, and it doesn't know what to do with the 2 extra processors ... it never plays nice.
3- Sound card is not great ... I've noticed sounds themselves ( like wind blowing , or rain) will drop my performance.  There are also many times, I can't tell where shots are fired from or how close ...  The sound gets a bit ..."generic" from time to time , when it does I noticed it's when my FPS drops quite a bit.

 My specs are bare minimum for running arma2 as it is ... I didn't expect the world out of the laptop , was for many years just happy to be able to play Arma2 and DayZ.
-------------------------

land of the dead is much closer to what I envisioned "survival simulation in zombie apocalypse" would be ... except for the air traffic, and still a bit to heavy on AI bandits side.
 I wish there was a parameter to change those ... I like having bandits to shoot at , I would just cut down to about 40% of what currently spawns.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

[...]

Yep! The game though, think you getting this wrong, lol! It is darn good, the longer i´m playing it. Really good to me this mod. But the taste is oneself´s. Maybe not in the right mood for it, get that. Just wait for it. Pick it up in the fall or something.

I went to Berezino from the north, to the heaviest spot on the whole map. Hospital/Military/Store area N-Berezino. The game ran the same. The i went with 5-6 zombies after me down to the new apartment area (20) new houses. The game ran the same. At least i didn´t see any changing. Why? Lol!

The zombies can be wiped out temporarily from a district. Spawning in after 5-10 minutes it seems. Not like the online ones, 5-10  sec. after one other being killed. Nice that you can catch your breath, loot some extra buildings. Like that a lot.

At last! Giving you one loot more. Listen to this: "USB flash drive with information about the whereabouts of gasoline".

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
I don't think I played it long enough it seems.

 I just did a quick run through, just to see a quick peek ...

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
have you tried any base building yet?  I see epoch parts, I didn't have any tools or toolbox to see if i could build anything or not ...

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
benevolentdevil wrote
I don't think I played it long enough it seems.

 I just did a quick run through, just to see a quick peek ...
Just remember i´m coming from DayZ Vanilla (Alpha). Don´t listen too much to me now, lol! I´m sure i don´t played halt of the variations you played. You don´t getting harmed by the things you don´t know right? Tried Epoch, but thought the mod been broken till no end. So far from the vanilla i was use to.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
benevolentdevil wrote
have you tried any base building yet?  I see epoch parts, I didn't have any tools or toolbox to see if i could build anything or not ...
Nope! But i´ve got a non-broken pickaxe. My next to do is to find some rocks. If it works, there is base building. Real Epoch style. 50 rough stones, 30 wooden logs etc. Coming back on that after i testing it.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
ahh, I figured out some of my issues ... my download was incomplete ... odd it ran at all!
 I discovered when I unpacked the mod, I was missing one or two of the PBOs , I got an error, but ignored it ... I think thats why I didn't get options for weather, and maybe why some things didn't spawn for me.

 I'm re-downloading now , making sure I don't lose connection ( I think my ISP dropped while downloading yesterday, when it picked back up, it wasn't "complete" )

 I'm re-downloading now , making sure I don't lose connection ( I think my ISP dropped while downloading yesterday, when it picked back up, it wasn't "complete" )
Uffhh? Yep! The mod is to damn big. Asked Klaycus if he could do or address that the file should be in smaller parts like the Origins DLCs 3x2GB. That way you can lose your connection without going mad.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
And Klaycus "Last Days" is on 11GB. That´s why i´m waiting with that. Have spare an afternoon and evening to do that.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
Epoch construction is slightly different than vanillia dayz building/construction ...
I'm not sure how LOD is scripted ... as far as construction goes.

 But the wood planks in industrial, you should be able to make a saw-horse or workbench , something like 2 lumber and one plywood ... then can take lumber , make more plywood.  Lumber needed an axe and a knife to make.
 Out of lumber and plywood ... you could make walls, floors, doorways, and window walls ... which was the most simplest way to "build" , out of wood ...  but wasn't as "secure" as concrete and metal ...

 Time consuming process, chopping wood , making lumber, then making plywood, then combining and getting more ... but, all it took was time once you had a few minor tools.

 -------------------------------

 Epoch did totally change DayZ way away from "vanillia" ...  in many ways it was "better" and in other ways, it was inferior.
 Epoch made it easy to gear up. Having "traders" , you could buy/sell almost anything and everything ... vehicles, food, drinks, backpacks, weapons ... instead of "searching" hospitals for antibiotics or morphine , you could go to the traders and just buy it.

 It was in part "easy mode" for dayz.   But keep in mind, epoch was "made for PvP" online play too ...

 Being "easy mode" wasn't always a good thing.  It was a bit "too easy" in my opinion.

 The BEST part of Epoch has always been it's base-building/construction system ...   While I don't quite like how they look , you could pretty much build how you wanted, where you wanted ...

 I would do things like, make small "bases" or "houses" along the coast.

One time I built an entire forrest "tree-house" base out of wood.

 I did a sea-side "base" complete with wood fence around it once, it looked like a beach-condo ...

 I had alot of "fun" just designing bases,  even big structures sometimes ...

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

Eric the Viking
Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
And Klaycus "Last Days" is on 11GB. That´s why i´m waiting with that. Have spare an afternoon and evening to do that.
http://kodabar-dayz-daizy-single-player-forum.1084782.n5.nabble.com/DayZ-Single-Player-Mods-td18393.html

I'd wait for fresh links from Klaycus first.

12