ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.7 (17.01.2015)

12345

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.7 (17.01.2015)

benevolentdevil
000000 wrote
i was talking about update dayz 2018 and add some updated scripts. i think oliver can make a good job.
 I agree ... However, two issues I think:
Olive has been relatively unresponsive ... and I don't think the DaiZy code is 100% compatible with updated DayZ code.

 Normal DayZ code works in part off the player end ( mission files) , and in part off specific files for the multi-player server running the mission.

 I've tried , over-writing DayZ code with DaiZy code, and swinging all server files into the same mission folder ... but it doesn't work.  Not sure why , it just doesn't.
 But it doesn't mean it can't be done ... but I can't even seem to create my own DaiZY mission like Olive and others did either.  I lack the knowledge and skill I guess.

 Olive probably could figure out some stuff ... his missions are well thought out.

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.7 (17.01.2015)

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
Eric the Viking wrote
benevolentdevil wrote
 BTW, glad to know someone besides me is still around ...
Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
Nice to see u as well. No one else alive here these days? Wake up peepz!
I'm here every day. But that doesn't mean I make a post unless I feel I have something to add... ;P
Hello! Cool to hear from u guys no matter what.

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.7 (17.01.2015)

benevolentdevil
this mission and day of survival ...
are two of my favorites to play  ....

 I wish this one could be ported to a better map ...

 Both have one small issue I find a bit frustrating at times ... that is enemy AI can spawn litterally right on top of you.

 and in the case of Day of Survival , it happens a whole lot ... and DoS seems to be "older" Daizy SP code , doesn't use the dayz inventory , and has a epeen monitor, and no gui ...

 I like DoS , or where it was going ... it's survival, no zombies ... just AI, and has some missions ( some missions are broken though , like restoring the electricity mission. )

 Olive's Wasteland , has some really great features ... I wish it was a bit more "configurable" , and like I said ... playable on a map other than Chernarus ...
But it's got traders , some really nifty stuff in the ATC at the airport ...
 It still lacks base-building ... or a way to officially call a place "home" ... but still neat.

 I like it more than I do the factions version to be honest.

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.7 (17.01.2015)

benevolentdevil
Olive, do you mind if I change a few things, edit some things, and hopefully add to this great no-zed base mission?

 I have some ideas, might help it a bit ...

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.7 (17.01.2015)

benevolentdevil
Never mind ...
I unpacked, made changes ... worked, but with several bugs that eventually make it unplayable ...
 I got the MGB Creation base building to work , and changed variables for money so it worked with your mission money , and if you built up enough money , you could use the build menu ...
However, the debug hints ran all the time ...
 It worked though , but eventually while building the MGB Creation bugged out, ( I tried it five different times, each restarting the mission from scratch.) , ... where it just duplicated building parts, wouldn't place anything , and couldn't get out the build player action menu part.
Almost worked ...  but still a no-go ...

 BTW, changing clothes in the mission, messes up alot of things as well, ... I changed to some "black leather" clothing, all of a sudden enemies became friendly toward me, bandits quit targeting my character , and civ reputation went down by half.

 Well, guess I'm done here ...

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.7 (17.01.2015)

Oliv82
I work on conf. files actually )
After that, ill work on mission scripts

 Well, guess I'm done here ...
That's interesting. Think, maybe Oliv can tell about that. But i changed to a Czechn rebel cloth of some kind and i went to "one of us" to the locals. They started to give me info on locations, weather, etc. Think you going "undercover" due to the "skin" you've got. Like the Opfor think you are friendly do to your clothing. Wrong Oliv?

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.7 (17.01.2015)

Oliv82
"Skins" of all units are "CfgVehicles objects" in config file (in fact this is the entire parameters of each unit type)

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgVehicles_Config_Reference#side

Check "Side" parameter of your skin in your conf file

Side = 0: //Red side EAST
Side = 1: //Blue side WEST
Side = 2: //Resistance side
Side = 3: //Civilian side
Side = 4: //Neutral side

No command is available to change this value by scripting, this value must be changed manualy in conf file
You will need to close Arma2, do the change, then restart

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.7 (17.01.2015)

benevolentdevil
yeah, thats alright ... I kinda broke it trying to stick the mgb building scripts into it anyways.

 I knew from previous plays ... that there was some form of "factions" in it ... and a reputation score ...
 I never tried it, don't know what repercussions there was doing it, but seems you could be a bandit really easily, just kill civvies ...

 This last time ... I didn't know if I somehow messed up the faction system ...

 there was an AI chopper flying around, it was Red ( East) ... some AI soldiers drove near my location, and deployed a squad ... they were East also.  Grenadiers, a Commander , ect.   At this time, I hadn't changed my skin ... I was still "survivor skin" ... I thought because they were Red/East , I was in trouble ... that the AI chopper had em looking for me ... so I started killing them.  I noticed then my reputation drop ... I am fairly sure it dropped.
   Then the AI chopper did a gun run on the truck , killed it's driver , and a couple soldiers still nearby it.

 I was like ... WHA???  ... so not only did the chopper, kill it's own side/faction , it also allowed me to get a Ural with LOADS of ammo in it, and a few guns and rocket launchers ... I went around picked up the money, and took off with that fully repaired and fueled truck , and all those goodies.

 Unfortunately, I drove up to a spot to start placing my "base" , while building it messed up, duplicating walls I couldn't drop or place, the menu bugged out and just repeated "build menu" , no other options ... , I tried five different times , each time same thing happened. Place about 10 parts, it'd do the same bug/issue every time.  I don't know why either.

 But, what I gotta do is re-download the mod files, and patch version mission file to have a "clean" one to play it again.

 I find the No-Zed version, very interesting ... , it really needs some sort of debriefing explanations on how it all works, and fits together.  I thought it was your basic 'survivor vrs bandits' ... I didn't know there'd be "undercover" modes ( if that was intentional) ...
I was kind of glad for that while at the airfield though ... I had Setnaz troops, and 2 BTRs and a tank spawn hanging around.
 First time I ever seen that there ... usually it's a few police officers, and what ever bandits show up when you make the support call in the ATC ...

12345