ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.7 (17.01.2015)

12

ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.7 (17.01.2015)

Oliv82
This post was updated on .
Bored by zeds, I decided to recode the spawn system scripts but without zeds spawn and decided to add some codes from Wasteland for few more action

I tried to adapt this mod for Arma3 but I have stange issues with AI spawn, idk why... this part of work is on standby for the moment; so I continue on Arma2AO, its less complex and I think Altis map is a bit too large for this kind of mod :(
(You can PM if you are interrested to test the Arma3 version; ~60% finished)

About arma2AO version now:
Factions sytem by Halek and 1987mod is kept, loot system too, appromatively same loot chances (but less crap)
"Kind of" Wasteland because the interface is less "flashy" and very simplified because of singleplayer mode gameplay...
A lot of re-writed scripts, optimized and simplified etc etc ... This is not really DayZ now but there still few codes from it.
The goal of this mod is to gain money and survive by killing bandits and completing side missions, buy vehicles, etc...
ATM's, General Stores, Gun Stores, Air Shop, Vehicles Shop

For the moment only 3 side missions are available, 1 for each player level:
Level 0: Light vehicles armed with PK or M240
Level 1: Utility trucks
Level 2: Light armored vehicles

I plan to add civilians too and create main missions (liberate towns or something like that)

---------FIRST RELEASE--------------------

Edit:
This is the first release of an Alpha version (3.4)
Only 3 Side missions, work but still have few bug logics
Liberate towns missions scripts are not written, only messages alert are active

Suggestions or repport bugs should be appreciated! thx!

How to install:
--------------
First of all, you must have allready copy and paste all your "AddOns" folder from Arma2 to Arma2OA
Check for updates of your Arma2 beta patch (I dont think its still necessary...)

1- Copy all .rar files in arma2OA directory
2- Create a new beta launch icon (copy and paste "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" and rename it "DZ_WL1987_Chernarus_v3.3_noZeds")
3- Go to "properties" for your new launch icon and replace target by:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@DZ1987_noZeds;@CBA_CO;@AEG;@M77WWIIPack1.15;@M77WpnPack1.81" -nosplash -showscripterrors

--Link:--
v3.4 -MAIN FILE-:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/su6fp3cucgzkdk1/%40DZ_WL1987Chernarus_v3.4%2814-12-2015%29.rar

v3.7 -PATCH-:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/abb36r55umacyw5/%40DZ_WL1987Chernarus_PATCHv3.7.rar

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

Eric the Viking
Sounds intriguing Oliv82.

The thought of liberating a town over-run by AI sounds cool....

I guess we'll have access to all the Arma2 weapons and vehicles, including tanks...?

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

Oliv82
Hi Eric, yes, all vehicles,
bicycles, cars, armored, helis, aircrafts
all classnames are added with their price for each type
Same for weapons-handguns, exept I need to test the Dayz system damage of vehicles for each type, i think 90% of vehicles are OK about this point,
BTR-80, Scud truck, CH-47 Chinook and Lynx are not actived because of the damage system (wrong classnames of vehicle parts I think), and all 8 wheels vehicles too

Changing clothes script is redone and a lot of details like that

About missions, in fact the spawning missions system is copied from Wasteland but I will adapt the "Evolution red" code for the "Liberate Towns" part of the game, By including civilians, it must be a challenge to avoid kill them, thats the reason Ive the idea to add them (if you kill civs, it result neg. points etc..)
About Radio Tower, idk for the moment, I need to analyse codes from EVO to know the possible things or not

I mainly play on EVO servers and I can't wait to test my mod with EVO codes :p, Wasteland is for the survival part of the mod :), but the survival/medical hud is still "old" Dayz 1.7.6.1

But about vehicles again, I will take a look between player progression and growing AI skills, few vehicles are very powerfull and you can destroy 1 army just with a tank, thats the reason armored vehicles are very expensives, if ennemy destroy your tank you lost 1 day of game :p

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

Eric the Viking
Oliv82 wrote
But about vehicles again, I will take a look between player progression and growing AI skills, few vehicles are very powerfull and you can destroy 1 army just with a tank, thats the reason armored vehicles are very expensives, if ennemy destroy your tank you lost 1 day of game :p
Sounds good, a valuable asset should be deployed wisely :)

Perhaps the rewards could be linked to number of kills (or your humanity / point system). Would there be the Red, Blue and Independents sides?

As least with the Independents you get to kill everyone....

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

Oliv82
I work on civilians moves actually, they can spawn a Civ vehicle to move to city_A to city_B (with random factors)
Differents civ classes have own vehicles classes (business class cant drive tractors.. etc)
I need to add dayTime conditions, and fix few bugs

About "humanity" points, Its a sort of "reputation", player-> civ, player-> policemen, player-> army
bandits can be killed by army or policemen
You start the game with a neutral r├ęputation, so bandits factions won't target you before 3 bandits kills

if you kill a civ, you are considered as bandit, so all factions will target you

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

Eric the Viking
Sounds really interesting and well thought out Oliv82 :)

Can't wait to give it whirl!

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

Oliv82
Hi Eric, now bugs are fixed, version stable, good fps :)

I tried a lot times to use Alice or Alice2 for civs but I had too many scripts errors :(
Mine are very simplified, do the job and works :p, it mean civs dont have discussions, but they can react at gun fires, (mmm.. maybe a script to gain civ_reputation when you heal civs... something like that)

I think too to script smokes effects for houses chimney with daytimes conds but not for now )

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

Slaiine
any news on this ? Any idea when you will release it ?

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

Oliv82
Sorry for the long delay post, I still work hard on this mod, but it take long time to test, Ive just finish a heli taxi system for chernarus, there's still few minors bugs, at the moment the mod is playable (~80% finished)

Next step will be to work on "liberate towns" scripts and work on cop/player relations

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

Oliv82
First alpha released check op if you want to test !
I still hunt minors bugs at this state of dev. :)

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

AlmighttyBozz
Woah looking good can't wait to try it out.

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.3 (13.12.2015)

Eric the Viking
Ok, I don't believe I'm dumb, but, well, I'm not having much luck getting this running....

I've copied the Arma 2 OA install to folder /A2Wastland

I've downloaded the weapons packs, copied them to the folder and renamed them as per your command line.

Added the CBA_CO  & AEG folders, again as per command line. Your command line pasted into shortcut:

D:\A2Wasteland\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@DZ1987_noZeds;@CBA_CO;@AEG;@M77WWIIPack1.15;@M77WpnPack1.81" -nosplash -showscripterror

The game when launched shows all "addons" present but when running the following error appears;

"Cannot play (blah blah) due to deleted; kpfs_ammo_ww2, kpfs_mpi74, kps_g3, kpfs_sks"

Am I doing something wrong?

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.3 (13.12.2015)

Oliv82
This post was updated on .
Thanks for replies guys

Mmm I ve forgot to upload Marseille77 configs files, because Ive changed thos files its normal what you have errors Eric

Keep Marseille77 weapons orig files BTW but those files will not work with my mod

I re-upload ALL my config files now sry :)

This version have changed since yesterday v3.4 now
-Civs scripts optimized, FPS are increased ~30% (now if you have Vsync monitor, FPS should be stable at 60 fps)
-optimized init file

-"@AEG" folder structure not changed since old FACTIONS(withZeds)
-"@CBA_CO" structure not changed since old FACTIONS(withZeds)

-the mod is bigger now ) 210.22 MB
-As usual, Updates will be uploaded without main file, and will be smaller (~3MB max)

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.3 (13.12.2015)

bart998
Hello I fired up missions arma 2 launcher with extras and play without errors photograph below

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.3 (13.12.2015)

Eric the Viking
Oliv82 wrote
I re-upload ALL my config files now sry :)
Nah, it's cool. It didn't actually stop me from playing - I deleted the "missing content" references from mission.sqm so the game would launch...

With the new 3.4, working fine now, no visible errors. I'm not sure how I interact with the missions however...

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.4 (14.12.2015)

Slaiine
I am confused about how to install this. I am getting errors. I do not understand what to do with the wasteland folder that was in the missions folder. Sorry, normally this is straight forward for me.

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.4 (14.12.2015)

Eric the Viking
Hey Slaiine,

You don't have to do anything with that folder, simply copy everything in the @DZ_WL1987Chernarus_v3.4(14-12-2015).rar into the root of your Arma 2 install.

Note the emphasis on the latest version (3.4 at this time) above!

I create a new folder for every different mod; I created a folder called A2Wasteland and copied my Arma 2 OA install to this folder. I then extract Oliv82 files into that folder.

It should look like this;

In the shortcut in the folder edit the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" file so the highlighted section (see picture below) reads;

D:\A2Wasteland\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@DZ1987_noZeds;@CBA_CO;@AEG;@M77WWIIPack1.15;@M77WpnPack1.81" -nosplash -showscripterrors

And in the "target directory" section you should have;

D:\A2Wasteland

Like this;

NOTE You would need to edit this to reflect your drive letters and/or folder name!

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.4 (14.12.2015)

Slaiine
Thank you Eric, does this need DZ 1.7.6.1 like the first chernaus 1987 mod ?

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.4 (14.12.2015)

Slaiine
or everything it may need from daizy is already in the mod folder ?

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.4 (14.12.2015)

Eric the Viking
No, you don't need anything other than Arma 2 and Oliv82's single file download (in his first post).

12